Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall of dates not listed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fall of dates not listed

I called The credit bureaus to find out what dates the items will removed from my account,  They say 7 years from the date of first delinquency. I made them tell me the dates, some they could some they can't.  As they would just say 7 days from delinquency. What happens then?? Also what happens if the account was transferred and charged off.  I did pay to the one it was transferred to? Does the date start again on the date of transfer or does it stay the same date as the first delinqueny? As I have found out all 3 CRA have different dates. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fall of dates not listed

Welcome to the forums!

They normally don't provide all the drop off dates, but based on the FCRA, most negative accounts fall off 7-7.5 yrs from DOFD and positive accounts fall off 10 yrs from the date of closure. DOFD is the date you first went late and never recovered. On your CR, it'll show a 30 day, then 60, 90 and so forth. So as long as you didn't catch up, the DOFD would begin at that 30 day, give or take. If you pull your reports directly from the CRAs, EQ lists the DOFD and TU and EX lists the drop off dates for most TLs. Now from time to time, some OC accounts will end up removing the neg. info at 7 yrs and then report for an additional 3. I have a CO from 1997 that still reports and shows as a positive and there's no way I want that off. It's my oldest TL.

If the TL is transferred, the same DOFD applies. If a CA picks it up, again, the DOFD remains unchanged. It's unlawful for a CA or OC to change the DOFD if it reported accurately the first time. DOFD cannot be changed.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Hi kitten

I agree with llecs.

Credit reporting drop off dates are NOT a part of your credit file. They are not reported by creditors.

They are thus, never a report on the contents of your credit fiile.

They are determined, internally, by the CRAs based on the dates of delinquencies and derogs reported to your credit file.

So I am not surprised that they kinda blew you offf.  That is not credit reporting information. There is no statutory provision for including projected "fall off" or "deletion" dates in any credit report.

Your focus, in my opinion, should not now be with disputing projected dop off dates with the CRAs.  That is, in my opinion, a waste of time until the drop off dates have actually expired, under one or more ot the provisions of FCRA 605(a).

All does not drop from CR inclusion based on the date of first delinquency (DOFD), so as soon as you hear that from the CRA, you should know that you are talking to someone who does not uinderstand credit reporting.  DOFD is only relevant to charge offs and collections.

My suggestion

Lay out your account records for each OC account.

List the date of each monthly account delinquency reported prior to their account closure or their charge-off.  Add 7 years to that date for each delinquency, and that is the date of its individual CR deletion.

For any charge off they reported, go back to your first monthly delinquency on the OC account, add 7 1/2 years to that date, and that is when the CO, separate form any prior monthly derogs,  should cease to be included in your CR.

Complain to the CRA once those statutory dates have expired for each derog for violation of FCRA 605(a).  Until then, just monitor.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

These accounts are with hsbc,should have been dropped in 3/10.  Looks like they have transferred/sold account change account to themselves under different names. How I found this out is I called to check on it they had no record of it.  They then gave me the number to another department there.  Each time they have re-aged the accounts, to the date that they received it, closed the account or received payment, Each Credit bureau has different information.  There is three accounts reporting negative information 2x to each reports and another on is 3x.  When I talked to a person from EQ about the missing information ( she was nice, as she did say that could be a problem.)

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

These accounts are with hsbc,should have been dropped in 3/10.  Looks like they have transferred/sold account change account to themselves under different names. How I found this out is I called to check on it they had no record of it.  They then gave me the number to another department there.  Each time they have re-aged the accounts, to the date that they received it, closed the account or received payment, Each Credit bureau has different information.  There is three accounts reporting negative information 2x to each reports and another on is 3x.  When I talked to a person from EQ about the missing information ( she was nice, as she did say that could be a problem.)

Are you sure it is reporting negatively? If so, what aspects of the TL are showing as negative (e.g. lates, neg. comments, etc.)? And look on your FICO reports, is there a red flag next to the account on your Accounts page (sure fire way to see if it is a negative TL)?

Last thing you'd want to do is take action on a positive account and have your FICO score drop.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.