Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falling off dates...

tag
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Falling off dates...

I know this has been discussed so many times but I want someone to please confirm this for me otherwise I wont be able to sleep tonight. As I was looking through my report on this site again, i have 8 red flags :-/, derog. I have read someone where that these derog. of bad marks are going to be gone from my credit report in 7 years, start counting from the Date of Last Activities. For 6 of my derog., the Date of Last Activities are between July-Sep 2009. My question is, does it means that all 6 of these dergo will be automatically drop off from my report in July - September for 2015 or it's going to be July-September 2016? I am hoping it would be dropped off in 2015 but I think it'll be on 2016 -- If it starts in 2009, first year would be 2010 and so on.. >>>> 2016 ? Or it starts counting in 2009 then 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and finally 2015. Well, I dont know anymore .... 

Is there anywhere on the credit reports it will say when the baddies are going to be dropped off from the report? I've seen it once but I dont know how I got there. 

And while I was looking through the report, I saw a baddie from First Premier bank (count as one derog) from 2012 about a 1-30 days late. I dont know how that happened but it's on the report. Can i good will it so it can be removed? I am not their card holder anymore.

All of the 7 derog are IIB, except for the 1-30 days late from First Premier bank...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Falling off dates...

The clock is actually set by the DOFD, (Date of First Delinquency), not the DOLA (Date of Last Activity).  The DOFD could be the same as the DOLA, but most likely it is a date before it.  EX and TU will give you a date that it is expected to be excluded, EQ will list the DOFD and  you would count forward from that 7 years.  So if the DOFD is in 2009, then the exclusion would be in 2016.

Yes, you could try a GW for that one late.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Great thank, but when I look at the EQ report here, it didnt say anything about the DOFD. So I guess all those baddies are scheduled to be dropped off in 2016, only 2 more years to go........ only 2..... 

Message 3 of 5
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

and you're right.. I just checked my TU report and all those baddies are scheduled to be gone between June-August of 2016. Thank you...

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

DOFD is only used for establishing the date of exclusion of a collection referral, a collection,  or charge-off.

If no collection or charge-off was reported on an account, DOFD is irrelevant and need not be reported.

Monthly delilnquencies each beome individually excluded no later than 7 years from their reported dates of occurence.

Dates of last activity are not used to determine or reset credit report exclusion dates.

The CRA is required to monitor the dates of the adverse items, and cease their inclusion in any credit report they issue once passed their exclusion date.

The party who reported the information is not involved other than reporting of the date of the delinquency or the DOFD, if relevant.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.