Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Delinquent Mortgage Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

False Delinquent Mortgage Payment

I have a question about a delinquent payment that i was alerted to today with scorewatch. In January I received a call from my mortgage lender that my payment was late.  I knew that my next payment was not due until Feb. When I researched all my records I found that I was right and that I was not late. When I called my lender back it was found that what was due was only a $24 dollar late fee that had accrued over the last year. The guy I spoke with told me that as long as I paid this late fee with my next payment that everything would be fine. 

I recieved the alert that my credit score had dropped 58 points in one day. I purchased a new report to see what had happened and this lender has reported a delinquent payment of more that 30 days on my report. The amount was for the full monthly payment that was paid on time. I contacted this lender and spoke with the guy I had originally spoke with. He said that he didnt knnow what had happened and what could be done about it. 

What can I do to have this removed from my credit report?  Would just the $24 be considered as a late payment as well?I have been monitorig my credit for about a year and have finally got my score up and now this happens. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: False Delinquent Mortgage Payment

Send the creditor a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).

They must investigate and respond within 30 days, either verifying the accuracy of the reported late, or deleting it.

If they verify and you still disagree, you can bring civil action to get the matter before a judge.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.