cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False info on credit, OC awknowledges now what about CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

False info on credit, OC awknowledges now what about CA?

In December I received a notification from a CA claiming I owed $810 to my previous landlord. I know I did not owe them anything when I moved out so I wrote a DV letter. They responded back with a list of random invalid charges, none of which applied to me. I sent them another letter with as many supporting documents (some frivolous) proving these fees were not associated with my tenancy with the building. That was in January and I heard nothing back. I also noticed they pulled my credit report and it showed up as a hard hit. Not sure whether or not they are allowed to do that but I am not as concerned with that now.

Today I get an alert that they are now reporting on my credit as $810 owed to collections. This made me sick to my stomach and I refuse to even look to see hose many points it took my score down. I send the leasing office who initiated the collections an email explaining the situation and that this CA is blatantly reporting false information on my credit.

Long story short we went back and forth (all via email) and it was determined that there was a mistake (made by their company) in misplacing paperwork and the balance was cleared. Now what happens with the CA? I know this is one of the worst CAs out there, I have done a lot of research. I am worried they are going to report as $0 balance or whatever but still in collections. They are required to delete this from my credit reports correct?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: False info on credit, OC awknowledges now what about CA?

@Anonymous wrote:

In December I received a notification from a CA claiming I owed $810 to my previous landlord. I know I did not owe them anything when I moved out so I wrote a DV letter. They responded back with a list of random invalid charges, none of which applied to me. I sent them another letter with as many supporting documents (some frivolous) proving these fees were not associated with my tenancy with the building. That was in January and I heard nothing back. I also noticed they pulled my credit report and it showed up as a hard hit. Not sure whether or not they are allowed to do that but I am not as concerned with that now.

Today I get an alert that they are now reporting on my credit as $810 owed to collections. This made me sick to my stomach and I refuse to even look to see hose many points it took my score down. I send the leasing office who initiated the collections an email explaining the situation and that this CA is blatantly reporting false information on my credit.

Long story short we went back and forth (all via email) and it was determined that there was a mistake (made by their company) in misplacing paperwork and the balance was cleared. Now what happens with the CA? I know this is one of the worst CAs out there, I have done a lot of research. I am worried they are going to report as $0 balance or whatever but still in collections. They are required to delete this from my credit reports correct?

Inform the CA that the matter is all cleared up with the leasing office. They will call to verify that is is and should be able to send a UDF to the cra's for removal!!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet, thanks! Now what is a UDF, do tell Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweet, thanks! Now what is a UDF, do tell Smiley Happy

UDF is Universal Data Form

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.