Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False reporting mistake by USAA

tag
lawless05
New Contributor

Re: False reporting mistake by USAA

photo stuff_zps3593d4a8.png

This is from my Experian report. I hope this help you to understand what i am seeing and talking about.

Message 11 of 15
JWatson0405
Contributor

Hmm, the account was past 60 days note is probably just refering to when you were late back in '07, but as you say, hard to tell with the limited history showing.  I'm not sure if they have it reported incorrectly, as when you disputed the account, wouldn't that be affected.  The good news is that they didn't report anything negatively in July, and the ND aren't negative.  I'm guessing the .6 years since last negative are due to the fact that the TL is considered negative due to the 60 day late indicator, and the TL was modified .6 years ago.  I wouldn't think that it is having much of an impact on your score though.  Have you pulled your free annual credit report from the credit agencies, sometimes they may have more history that is being lost when it's pulled into the third party (or credit monitoring) service that this is from.

Just suggestions.

Starting Score: EQ-484(10/10/2011) TU-533(10/10/2011)
Current Score: EQ-701(1/18/2013) TU-735(1/20/2013)
Goal Score: 750s!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If the worst the account is showing now is an old 60 day late, leave it alone.  That is a minor derog and has lost it's sting.  This account is actually helping your AAoA now.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 15
lawless05
New Contributor

thats for the feedback. it will roll off in 2015 finger crossed.

Message 14 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

ND most likely was entered by the CRA based on no data provided, and not "reported" by the furnisher.

They most likely reported on the account in some other manner without providing any info under that reporting code, so they were neither affirming the prior status of that information or reporting an update.

As for required deletion of an entire account or collection based on an inaccuracy of an item reported under the account, if you dispute, they always have the opportunity to simply correct the reporting if they agree that it is inaccurate.  Deletion is only mandated if they fail to verify or correct.

Reporting of inaccurate information is not, per se, a violation of the FCRA.  No human endeavor is free of inaccuracy, and no statute can mandate accuracy.

The FCRA does not make reporting of inaccurate information a violation unless they knew or should have known the information was inaccurate, and yet chose to report.  That requires determination by a court through a civil action. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.