Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fathers debt on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fathers debt on credit report

I called TU directly because it was a judgement showing as a public record and not a collection account. It may be a different process for a collections account, however I did have one a while back that was a collection account for my father that I disputed directly with EX or EQ. It was a pretty simple matter if I remember right, basically told them it was not my account and my address is different than my father's.

Anyways back to the judgement. I sent a fax to the phone number TU gave me with attention to their Consumer Contact Department.. On the comments section of the cover page I wrote:

The following enclosures are included in this fax to support my dispute and request for removal of public records for Docket# DCXXXXX812 (use the account number liseted on report):

Enclosure 1 - Reason for dispute of Docket# DCXXXXX812

Enclosure 2 - Court document (Party Detail) for Docket# DCXXXXX812

The for Enclosure 1 - Reason for dispute of Docket# DCXXXXX812 I wrote:

My Transunion File# XXXXXXX70 (use the File # from the report you're disputing) incorrectly lists the following Public Record:

[Insert a snipped image of the credit report entry if you can]

This judgement was against my father, [insert father's name], of [insert father's address]. I had no involvement in this debt and have not resided with my parents at this address since December 12th, 1994.

The following page, Enclosure 2 - Court document (Party Detail) for Docket# DCXXXXX812, supports this dispute and shows my father’s name/address. My address was at the time of this judgement and still remains [insert your address] Please remove this record from my credit file.

The process may be somewhat different with a collection, however I hope this at least gives you an example of how I disputed it.

Good Luck!!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.