cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax in TU investigation results to the other bureaus for removal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fax in TU investigation results to the other bureaus for removal?

I've had 3 accounts removed on TU from an early exclusion.Would faxing in the investigation results sheet to EQ & EX work to get the same accounts removed from them?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fax in TU investigation results to the other bureaus for removal?

There is nothing in FCRA that mandates removal of an entry simply by the assertion that one or more CRA had in fact deleted the reporting of a specific item. CRAs have procedure consistent with the FCRA but independent of each other.

Message 2 of 6
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Have you tried disputing them with placing a request to EQ & EX in the same way you did with TU? If not, I'd think your chances are good that the other two will do the same as TU did, without providing the results of the TU investigation. How much earlier than the (I'm assuming) typical 7 years did TU remove them?

Edited to clarify I'm not in any way advocating telling the bureaus anything but the truth. This request is more like a Goodwill request to the bureaus.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barry wrote:

Have you tried disputing them with placing a request to EQ & EX in the same way you did with TU? If not, I'd think your chances are good that the other two will do the same as TU did, without providing the results of the TU investigation. How much earlier than the (I'm assuming) typical 7 years did TU remove them?

Edited to clarify I'm not in any way advocating telling the bureaus anything but the truth. This request is more like a Goodwill request to the bureaus.

TU removed 6months early 

Mod edit to reflect edits to quoted post --SE

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had 3 accounts removed on TU from an early exclusion.Would faxing in the investigation results sheet to EQ & EX work to get the same accounts removed from them?

You need to call the other 2 CRAs or write them a letter asking for the early exclusion, My Fico does not advocate the disputing of valid information, the early exclusion is a request to the CRA for a goodwill jesture. The guideline for EQ & EX is 2-3 months in advance of the scheduled drop date to ask for the early exclusion and it would only be asked on accounts that are COed, CAs or PRs.

Message 5 of 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The CRAs generally don't care what the other CRAs do.   As for Early Exclusion, each CRA has their own guidelines in place, if they decide to honor a request for this.   Bear in mind that early exclusion is essentially a GW directed to the CRAs and they are in no obligation to remove accounts any earlier than the FCRA allows.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.