Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faxing in a Dispute?

tag
creditdemon
New Contributor

Faxing in a Dispute?

I am having a weird issue where I tried to dispute an item with equifax and I had the dispute window up and it kept telling me I was using special characters when I wasn't so I closed the window thinking it was some weird bug, and now when I try to go back in it says it can't verify me and I have to fax my dispute.  

Does faxing in my dispute lengthen the 30 day timeline?  If I just wait a day will the system maybe...reset itself?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Re: Faxing in a Dispute?

Not sure how many days it is, but that has happened to me... faxing in the dispute will still take up to 30 days, its really no different.  Be sure to send a copy of your drivers license, any supporting documents, and on the cover of the fax, put your name, address, SSN, and detail what you are disputing and why.

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 2 of 3
creditdemon
New Contributor

Re: Faxing in a Dispute?

Thanks for your help!  Since this is 7 yrs old - but says it wont fall off till 08, and I cant get records that far back from my bank, but I have email correspondence explaining the issue to their customer support team and them apologizing, do you think thats enough proof?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.