cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Tax Lien Withdrawal - How soon for a bump?

tag
atl_blh
Established Member

Fed Tax Lien Withdrawal - How soon for a bump?

I was excited to find out about 10 -15 days ago that my Fed Tax Lien was approved for withdrawal and I received the form from IRS.  They sent it to the 3 CRA's, Transunion and Experian now do not show it under public records on my report, I had to open a dispute with Equifax and just got the letter saying it would be removed from my file.

My question is how long will it take to see any bump in credit score from this lien being taken off my credit reports?  Anyone with first hand knowledge of this please let me know, my wife and I are trying to buy a house and I just need about 20 points to get to the 700 mark.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
atl_blh
Established Member

Re: Fed Tax Lien Withdrawal - How soon for a bump?

Anyone experienced this or offer any insight?

Thanks.

Message 2 of 6
TheBrules
Valued Member

I too am waiting for mine to be taken off......mine was from 2007/8, so I am afraid it may not boost my scores much due to it's age.

If it is off all your reports, then the scores should already reflect it I would think.......

Starting Score: EX: ? / EQ: 565 / TU: ?
Current Score: EX: 655 / EQ: 675 / TU: 565
Goal Score: EX: 700 / EQ: 700 / TU: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
electra
Established Contributor

It's a YMMV sort of thing.  The older they are, the less they impact your score.  So, if it's really old, may not be a huge bump vs a new one.  Also, depends on what else is on your report.

Message 4 of 6
imovinup
Regular Contributor

i want to know also my current EQ score is 626 and i have a state tax lien that was filed in error 14 months ago and im excited to see if my score goes up. i have 1 unpaid collection . and no other bads i need to get to 660

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 6
atl_blh
Established Member

Well I have seen a little bump, not sure if it was all do to the tax lien coming off.

Went from 636 to 684 on Transunion, 644 to 655 on Experian and 655 to 686 on Equifax.

Some jump might also be due to getting some student loan late payments removed from my report and now reports no lates ever.

Still have two bad ones I am working on, a FIrst National Credit Card/Legacy Visa was charged off back in 2007 limit was $250 and shows balance of $481 and Midland Credit Management Collection from on old Tribute MasterCard from 2006 for $927.

Trying to get scores up for Home Mortgage and about to have to bite the bullet and give it a shot with my current scores and hope they pull higher by lender.

If anyone has any input on dealing with Fist National Credit Card/Legacy VIsa or Midland Credit Management I would love to hear experiences.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.