Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedLoan Servicing (120+ days late) GW - loan rehabbed via US Dept of Ed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FedLoan Servicing (120+ days late) GW - loan rehabbed via US Dept of Ed

Hi all, 

I just posted my question on Student Loan forum but also would like to see if anyone from this forum had any luck w/ FedLoan Servicing GW Smiley Happy 

Thank you kindly in advance for your words and support, I appreciate it!

I have few baddies on my report and that is the FedLoan Servicing (120+ days late).  Based on my research here at the form, FedLoan seems anti-GW.  Regardless, I will try and have this updated, hopefully!!

So, FedLoan Servicing reported my account as collection to US Dept of Education.  Actually just completed rehab process w/ US Dept of Education and within a month, the collection by US Dept of Education was deleted from all CRAs - which is the main reason why I have ok FICO score (in my opinion at least :smileyhappy:, keep it positive!)  

Then, I went ahead and disputed the FedLoan Servicing hoping it would delete or update as Pay as Agreed or Current status.  All CRAs are currently investigating.  

I was wondering if anyone had somewhat similar experience with me and see because the loan is now picked up by new lender and it is being reported as Pay as agreed (current), will FedLoan Servicing (120+ days late) fall off by dispute?  

Thank you again for your words and support :smileyhappy:!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: FedLoan Servicing (120+ days late) GW - loan rehabbed via US Dept of Ed

It may fall off and reappear later on.

It is based on a reply from creditor lender to affirm. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JM-AM, thanks for your reply, I appreciate it!

May I ask how my FedLoans may fall off and reappear later on?  If it fell off, how can it be reappear on my report?  So, would it be my best bet to GW then have FedLoans confirm that they will update/delete for sure - so in case it reappears later on, I can use that letter from FedLoans as back up?

Message 3 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

You already put in a dispute, I would wait it out now.

When disputing accounts they have the ability to be removed from your reports because of timing. The credit bureau update reports and removes the disputed account. Then the creditor lender reports your negative account again and it reappears on your reports. 

This is not always the case. The creditor lender may not respond and may take it off their books since was taken over by some one else. YMMV

Be patient and see what happens with your dispute now. Take the next step when you know results and or if comes back on your reports the following month or so.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, thank you so much! I will definitely update the status here. Hopefully it will be deleted from my report permanently.

Thank you again for your words and wisdom Smiley Happy!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.