Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedLoan Servicing GW Advice

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

FedLoan Servicing GW Advice

Hey all,

So the only two baddies on my CR are from FedLoan Servicing and they are late payments from 2010 which I'm trying to get adjusted. I've read mixed reviews and though not very hopeful, I'm sending a GW letter anyways. Here's what I drafted....any suggestions?

To Whom It May Concern:

I’ve been a borrower of FedLoan Servicing for quite some time and your service has allowed me to continue my education which I am ever so grateful for. I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have late payments from October 2010 (60 days past due) to January 2011 (150 days past due) on two loans. Both are Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, one opened on xx/xx/2009 and another opened on xx/xx/2009. Since that time I have been an exceptional borrower and have paid my account as agreed.

Because of my payment history based on account agreement after those dates, I would like you to strongly consider removing the negative payments from my credit report for those 4 months. At the time of those late payments, I was under the impression that my account was under forbearance. Admittedly so, it is my fault for overseeing the fact that the account was not and that payments were due. I have since worked very hard to maintain good credit and these late payments are making a huge impact on that. This mishap four years ago is a not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness.

As a current borrower, I am a very happy customer and will continue a long relationship with FedLoan Servicing as I continue to attend xxxxxx and pay off my student loans. FedLoan Servicing has been exceptional in customer service and I say nothing but great things when speaking of my student loan management. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and prove once again that FedLoan Servicing is by far the best. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

xxxxx

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Re: FedLoan Servicing GW Advice

They're probably not going to remove it. I was on the phone with them over this very issue. They never told me initially that additional paperwork needed to be sent in to officialy start the deferment and I even asked them to go through their recorded phone calls for proof. Of course they wouldn't do that either and don't think they'll work with anyone one this issue which is BS in my opinion. I am just flooding my reports with new positive TL's to overwhelm my few negatives left remaining and thickening my overall profile, best defense I have at this time.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update? Did you have any success? 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.