Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal Tax Lien Removal

tag
sparkle1908
Valued Member

Federal Tax Lien Removal

Hello everyone...is the Form 668 Z the same as the 12777? I can't find the 668 Z form on the IRS site...it's my understanding that I have to send both of them in to have my lien removed from my credit reports...

Also, when I am looking at my credit reports, I am only seeing the lien on TU and EQ...it's not showing on EX...is that "strange"? I know sometimes not all bureaus have the same accounts but I would think an IRS lien would be plastered everywhere!!! should I still ask that it be removed from EX if it's not showing or will that cause them to "add" it all of a sudden?

Thanks...you all are a great source of information...I appreciate you all!

Starting Score: EX:531 EQ:591 TU:614
Current Score: EX:531 EQ:591 TU:614
Goal Score: 650 across the board short term

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Federal Tax Lien Removal

Not enough info in your post. You did not say how the lien is being reported on the credit reports and whether or not is satisfied. Liens are part of public records at your local/county level. If the lien is satisfied and reported as such, then I don't know that it can be removed. If it is not valid, then call the IRS 800 number and ask them to remove it. I had a tax lien and that's how I dealt with it ... over the phone.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Federal Tax Lien Removal

@ezdriver wrote:

Not enough info in your post. You did not say how the lien is being reported on the credit reports and whether or not is satisfied. Liens are part of public records at your local/county level. If the lien is satisfied and reported as such, then I don't know that it can be removed. If it is not valid, then call the IRS 800 number and ask them to remove it. I had a tax lien and that's how I dealt with it ... over the phone.

After it is released, you can send the proper form to the IRS to request that it be withdrawn from your credit report. You need to expalin the hardship that it being there is causing. I think it is form 12277. You can then use that to request it be removed from the report by the CRAs. I applied back in January and haven't heard back yet, even though it is only supposed to take 30 or 45 days (don't remember which). 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.