Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal and State Tax Liens....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Federal and State Tax Liens....

Hi everyone, I am currently in the throws of the repair process. I currently have a total of 9 tax liens, both state and federal all but 2 are paid in full. The remaining 2 are currently in payment plans, drafted every month. These span over the course of nearly 10 years. My question is, how would I go about having them removed??

It is reported from the County Recorder, not sure if that makes a difference on how I handle it or if they are all reported alike. I have done plenty of digging and reading on this valuable forum however am getting mixed messages and haven't found a situation quite like mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Federal and State Tax Liens....

"fresh start" program for federal (i have a 13k open from 2010)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Removing-Paid-Federal-Tax-Lien-from-Credit-Rep...

state liens are on a state by state basis and some won't budge on removal

what state?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, it's CA

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info, it's CA

As stated the federal liens can possibly be withdrawn, file form 12277 if you qualify. You are going to have a fun time with the Franchise Tax Board there is no formal process for having them withdrawn after they are paid and they will be a bear on the subject but if you want them off the report before they run the full course its the only option you have.

Paid tax liens can run for 7 years from the date they are paid.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.