Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback On This "PFD Variation"

tag
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Feedback On This "PFD Variation"

Ok, so its not technically a PFD, just one of those random ideas that pop into my head on a daily basis...thought id get some feedback. Now, keep in mind this is nothing a CA would EVER put in writing, so its risky, but if your PFD gets shot down, its no more risky than PIF and a follow-up GW. Also, I would think it would be more likely to work on a smaller CA that you can consistency work with the same person...

Now, ive been researching the reasons WHY the creditors seem to (almost) always shoot down PFDs. Bottom line is, they just want their money, and therefore their commission, and be done with you...they could care less about your personal credit (hey business is business). Long story short, if the CRAs think a creditor is abusing the system in any way (even when not technically in violation of FCRA), they have the right to revoke the business' right to report (and have done so on occasions). Think about it, how long would a CA stay in business if they couldnt report the account to the CRAs?

Ok so here is what im thinking. Walk in (or call...i just happen to live close to 4/6 of the CAs thats on my credit). Offer the PFD. If they happen to accept, great, go pay them before they change their minds. But, when they try the whole "violation of fcra blah blah bs", take another tact...

Offer to PIF, with the stipulation they just happen to "remember you for the next 30 days". PIF, drop a dispute form in the mailbox on the way home, and sit back and wait the 45 days it would take to get a return letter. They get paid...they happen to forget to fill out the dispute forms they recieve from the CRAs...the entries drop off your report. Everybody wins, and the CAs risk absolutely nothing. I find nowhere that a CA has ever gotten throttled by the CRAs for simply "not getting around to returning the form in time". I mean hey, maybe it was a busy month at the office...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Re: Feedback On This "PFD Variation"

Have you tried sending them a PFD yet? 

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 2 of 7
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

yes, no response by mail. figured it would be harder to ignore me if im standing in their office.

Message 3 of 7
awdsmama
Established Contributor

edited because I need more coffee to post coherently ;-)

App Free since 2/2013
Message 4 of 7
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

well i havent paid anything yet, been waiting to get a response back. but good point, its been over a month, prob wait a week or so and repull. maybe get lucky.

Message 5 of 7
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Oh my.  I've had a long day and totally messed up on here I apologize.

I was thinking GW not PFD.

Disregard everything I said about them dropping off LOL....Mine were GWs I sent about collections that were already paid.  I need coffee or sleep.

App Free since 2/2013
Message 6 of 7
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

HAHA no worried, I know the feeling. My morning ritual includes myFICO forums and pulls from the FAKO sites over coffee...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.