Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling Annoyed

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Feeling Annoyed

I sent a goodwill letter to Bank of America asking that they remove a tradeline since I had since paid the charged off amount and although I received a call back, I was told that they could not.  The lady stated that they had to report the accurate information to the credit bureaus and I told her that I respectly disagreed since they did have the power to remove it.  I tried not to get upset so I just told her okay, thanks and ended the call.  I just received a 45 point jump on my TU credit report and I am happy about that but I also feel defeated about not being able to get this derogatory removed.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feeling Annoyed

Have you seen the thread here about the saturation method for GW's?  It may take many letters before you get those removed, but don't give up!

Message 2 of 9
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Yes, and I sent out quite a few, which resulted in them calling me.  I would almost prefer that they sent a letter back versus calling because I think I can handle the rejection better and prepare a response.  I try not to get too emotional but I almost did so I quickly ended the call.  I am aware that this will not be an easy task and persistence is the key but it's so easy to get discouraged.

Message 3 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It is easy to get discouraged. Hubby just got an alert from MyFico that an old collection showed back up after having clean reports for over a year. I guess I'll be heading to the post office tomorrow to send a Texas validation letter to the CA.
Message 4 of 9
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that  Good luck to you getting it removed.

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Creditors sign credit reporting agreements with the CRAs, all of which contain the agreement not to delete reported information based on payment of the debt.

While not a formal, legal prohibition, the CRAs are in business to sell credit reports, and subjective removal of information from their reports lessens their value.

It is a business decision on part of the CRAs to oppose subjective deletions on the part of all furnishers.

Message 6 of 9
A1Credit
Established Contributor

I understand, I guess. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You win some easily, some take time.

I send via snail mail a GW letter for a July 2014 Late payment on a now closed auto loan.   It is denied every month.

I have been sending them since 2015.  It is now April 1, 2017, and I have to buy stamps.  Every month. To the CEO.  Till 2021 or deletion.  Company has already cycled through 3 CEO's since I've been mailing them the past 2 years. That's funny.

Don't give up. Got nothing but time. 

Message 8 of 9
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Wow!  I admire your persistance.  Please tell me about your success.  I need motivation.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.