Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling Defeated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feeling Defeated

I know this is a long process and we have only just begun, but dang it can de disappointing at times. My husband are trying to do some major credit repair so we can purchase a home in the next 6 months. I just started the process the first of September. I decided to try to get some collection accounts taken care of first with pay to delete letters. I have four total and got two worked out just by calling and paying the balance. I was feeling good! Then I look at my credit today and NCA reported an old PD Loan (I know, those loans are awful). I had even called last week and made payment arrangements. I was devastated! Anyway, I called and after spending the afternoon on the phone I may have worked out an agreement to settle and get the reporting deleted since it was just reported 4 days ago. They are supposed to let me know tomorrow if it is approved. Fingers crossed!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feeling Defeated

Welcome to the forums, It's easy to feel defeated we all feel that way at times, but then we come on here and we boost each other up, you've come to the right place. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Dv
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hold your head up, things will get better for you!! Credit repair takes a lot of time and patience. There will be some rough days but its so rewarding in the end.

On a positive note, you were able to get 2 collection accounts resolved. Hopefully, they are being deleted from your credit reports rather than reporting as 'paid'.

I hope NCA will have good news for you tomorrow. Hang in there!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok guys I wanted to give y’all an update. I spoke to NCA the next day and they said they would still accept half as paid in full but would not delete it. I told them to cancel the payment arrangement I initially had and I was done. So today I get a call from someone from NCA saying he was a supervisor and was out last week but was aware of my request to delete it. He offered a lower amount and agreed to delete it! So relieved! I also was able to get another collection account to agree to delete if I paid in full today. I have been able to take care of all four of my collections in the past week.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, that's really great. Dv
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.