Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling a bit discouraged now

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feeling a bit discouraged now

I thought I'd been making remarkable progress with regards to cleaning up my credit reports.  I've had some major things deleted and some fell off.

I thought my reports looked a lot better, but now I'm wondering.  I want to eventually get better credit cards and feel like I'm not good enough now.  Do you all think they look THAT terrible now?

TransUnion 

*small unpaid tax lien that's been on there for 7 years almost. 

*Orchard card closed (now Cap 1) showing ONE late payment ever.  Cannot get them to delete that late pay.  Is it really hurting me?

Experian 

*unpaid tax lien

*6 tiny medical collections, 4 paid, 2 show unpaid although they are in fact paid.  Disputed recently. Lost.  I don't know what to do about it. 

*Orchard card closed (now Cap 1) showing ONE late payment ever.  Cannot get them to delete that late pay.

*An old furniture store account closed from way back showing 4 lates.  I'm on my 2nd GW with them to get them removed.  Never get a response.  Is this one hurting me bad even though it's old? 

Equifax  

* unpaid tax lien

* 3 medical collections, 2 paid, 1 unpaid although again, it is in fact paid.  Disputed. Lost. 

*furniture store closed account same as above

*Orchard closed card same as above.

*BofA closed mortgage.  Lots of lates.  Not due to fall off until 2016, supposedly.  Should have shown as a foreclosure which means it would have fallen off last month.  Disappointed and scared to challenge the remark to update to foreclosed. 

On all three I have 10 open, 100% paid on time, accounts with the oldest being 2 years old.  Two bank cards, 8 store cards.  (I shouldn't have gotten that many, but what's done is done.)

Scores are below and FAKO.  No way to get FICO's yet.  Can't understand the TU score.  It's a better report.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feeling a bit discouraged now

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought I'd been making remarkable progress with regards to cleaning up my credit reports.  I've had some major things deleted and some fell off.

I thought my reports looked a lot better, but now I'm wondering.  I want to eventually get better credit cards and feel like I'm not good enough now.  Do you all think they look THAT terrible now?

TransUnion 

*small unpaid tax lien that's been on there for 7 years almost. Tax liens can usually be removed afterbeing paid.

*Orchard card closed (now Cap 1) showing ONE late payment ever.  Cannot get them to delete that late pay.  Is it really hurting me? If its a 30 day late they only hurt you for 2 years.

Experian 

*unpaid tax lien

*6 tiny medical collections, 4 paid, 2 show unpaid although they are in fact paid.  Disputed recently. Lost.  I don't know what to do about it. Disputed with who?

*Orchard card closed (now Cap 1) showing ONE late payment ever.  Cannot get them to delete that late pay.

*An old furniture store account closed from way back showing 4 lates.  I'm on my 2nd GW with them to get them removed.  Never get a response.  Is this one hurting me bad even though it's old? Over 2 years only hurt if they are 60, 90, or 120 day lates.

Equifax  

* unpaid tax lien

* 3 medical collections, 2 paid, 1 unpaid although again, it is in fact paid.  Disputed. Lost. Again, disputed with who?

*BofA closed mortgage.  Lots of lates.  Not due to fall off until 2016, supposedly.  Should have shown as a foreclosure which means it would have fallen off last month.  Disappointed and scared to challenge the remark to update to foreclosed. Contact BofA and find out why its being reported the way it is. Was it a short sale?

On all three I have 10 open, 100% paid on time, accounts with the oldest being 2 years old.  Two bank cards, 8 store cards.  (I shouldn't have gotten that many, but what's done is done.) Thats more accounts than you need, but not necessarily hurting you. Build on those bank cards with CLI's and manage the balances.

iScores are below and FAKO.  No way to get FICO's yet.  Can't understand the TU score.  It's a better report. Concentrate less on what the scores are and more on whats in your reports. Clean the reports and do propers control and management of credit accounts and the scores will follow.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TransUnion 

*small unpaid tax lien that's been on there for 7 years almost. Tax liens can usually be removed afterbeing paidNothing I can do about this as of now.

*Orchard card closed (now Cap 1) showing ONE late payment ever.  Cannot get them to delete that late pay.  Is it really hurting me? If its a 30 day late they only hurt you for 2 years.  Doesn't quite make sense but...Seems ridiculous to even take it into account.

Experian 

*unpaid tax lien

*6 tiny medical collections, 4 paid, 2 show unpaid although they are in fact paid.  Disputed recently. Lost.  I don't know what to do about it. Disputed with who? CA & CRA'S.

*An old furniture store account closed from way back showing 4 lates.  I'm on my 2nd GW with them to get them removed.  Never get a response.  Is this one hurting me bad even though it's old? Over 2 years only hurt if they are 60, 90, or 120 day lates.  It's been a closed account since 2008.  Seems ridiculous to even take it into account.

Equifax  

* unpaid tax lien

* 3 medical collections, 2 paid, 1 unpaid although again, it is in fact paid.  Disputed. Lost. Again, disputed with who? CA & CRA'S.

*BofA closed mortgage.  Lots of lates.  Not due to fall off until 2016, supposedly.  Should have shown as a foreclosure which means it would have fallen off last month.  Disappointed and scared to challenge the remark to update to foreclosed. Contact BofA and find out why its being reported the way it is. Was it a short sale?  No, a foreclosure.  It showed a year ago as such then this year comment removed. 

On all three I have 10 open, 100% paid on time, accounts with the oldest being 2 years old.  Two bank cards, 8 store cards.  (I shouldn't have gotten that many, but what's done is done.) Thats more accounts than you need, but not necessarily hurting you. Build on those bank cards with CLI's and manage the balances.  Agreed.  I've never had a lot of credit.  In fact I had none until 2001 and I'm pushing 50 years old.

Scores are below and FAKO.  No way to get FICO's yet.  Can't understand the TU score.  It's a better report. Concentrate less on what the scores are and more on whats in your reports. Clean the reports and do propers control and management of credit accounts and the scores will follow.  That's what I've been doing.  There's nothing more I can clean.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TransUnion 

*small unpaid tax lien that's been on there for 7 years almost. Tax liens can usually be removed afterbeing paidNothing I can do about this as of now. I'd suggest working on getting that paid and cleared off. Tax liens look really bad, particularly to mortgage lenders. Is it a lot of money?

*Orchard card closed (now Cap 1) showing ONE late payment ever.  Cannot get them to delete that late pay.  Is it really hurting me? If its a 30 day late they only hurt you for 2 years.  Doesn't quite make sense but...Seems ridiculous to even take it into account. If its a 30, don't even worry about it.

Experian 

*unpaid tax lien

*6 tiny medical collections, 4 paid, 2 show unpaid although they are in fact paid.  Disputed recently. Lost.  I don't know what to do about it. Disputed with who? CA & CRA'S. Who was payment made to? OC or the CA? Do you have proof that it was paid?

*An old furniture store account closed from way back showing 4 lates.  I'm on my 2nd GW with them to get them removed.  Never get a response.  Is this one hurting me bad even though it's old? Over 2 years only hurt if they are 60, 90, or 120 day lates.  It's been a closed account since 2008.  Seems ridiculous to even take it into account.  Can you perhaps go into the store and talk to them? Again if its just 30's don't worry about them.

Equifax  

* unpaid tax lien

* 3 medical collections, 2 paid, 1 unpaid although again, it is in fact paid.  Disputed. Lost. Again, disputed with who? CA & CRA'S.

*BofA closed mortgage.  Lots of lates.  Not due to fall off until 2016, supposedly.  Should have shown as a foreclosure which means it would have fallen off last month.  Disappointed and scared to challenge the remark to update to foreclosed. Contact BofA and find out why its being reported the way it is. Was it a short sale?  No, a foreclosure.  It showed a year ago as such then this year comment removed.  BofA are such putz's. What was the DoFD - not the first late, but the first late that you never recovered from - thats the one that counts. You'll probably have to really fight with them and insist they report it correctly. Cite the law chapter and verse if need be.

On all three I have 10 open, 100% paid on time, accounts with the oldest being 2 years old.  Two bank cards, 8 store cards.  (I shouldn't have gotten that many, but what's done is done.) Thats more accounts than you need, but not necessarily hurting you. Build on those bank cards with CLI's and manage the balances.  Agreed.  I've never had a lot of credit.  In fact I had none until 2001 and I'm pushing 50 years old.  Same here - never had a credit card until 2003 or so, had to file BK in 2007 (medical debt) and I just turned 51. Fianally decided to sit down and figure this stuff out. Wish I would have gotten serious about it 15 years ago.

Scores are below and FAKO.  No way to get FICO's yet.  Can't understand the TU score.  It's a better report. Concentrate less on what the scores are and more on whats in your reports. Clean the reports and do propers control and management of credit accounts and the scores will follow.  That's what I've been doing.  There's nothing more I can clean. I think at this point ageing and getting the lien cleared is what going to help most. You know what they say "time wounds all heals" ...uhh...wait....What?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TransUnion 

*small unpaid tax lien that's been on there for 7 years almost. Tax liens can usually be removed afterbeing paidNothing I can do about this as of now. I'd suggest working on getting that paid and cleared off. Tax liens look really bad, particularly to mortgage lenders. Is it a lot of money?

*Orchard card closed (now Cap 1) showing ONE late payment ever.  Cannot get them to delete that late pay.  Is it really hurting me? If its a 30 day late they only hurt you for 2 years.  Doesn't quite make sense but...Seems ridiculous to even take it into account. If its a 30, don't even worry about it.

Experian 

*unpaid tax lien

*6 tiny medical collections, 4 paid, 2 show unpaid although they are in fact paid.  Disputed recently. Lost.  I don't know what to do about it. Disputed with who? CA & CRA'S. Who was payment made to? OC or the CA? Do you have proof that it was paid?

*An old furniture store account closed from way back showing 4 lates.  I'm on my 2nd GW with them to get them removed.  Never get a response.  Is this one hurting me bad even though it's old? Over 2 years only hurt if they are 60, 90, or 120 day lates.  It's been a closed account since 2008.  Seems ridiculous to even take it into account.  Can you perhaps go into the store and talk to them? Again if its just 30's don't worry about them.

Equifax  

* unpaid tax lien

*BofA closed mortgage.  Lots of lates.  Not due to fall off until 2016, supposedly.  Should have shown as a foreclosure which means it would have fallen off last month.  Disappointed and scared to challenge the remark to update to foreclosed. Contact BofA and find out why its being reported the way it is. Was it a short sale?  No, a foreclosure.  It showed a year ago as such then this year comment removed.  BofA are such putz's. What was the DoFD - not the first late, but the first late that you never recovered from - thats the one that counts. You'll probably have to really fight with them and insist they report it correctly. Cite the law chapter and verse if need be.

On all three I have 10 open, 100% paid on time, accounts with the oldest being 2 years old.  Two bank cards, 8 store cards.  (I shouldn't have gotten that many, but what's done is done.) Thats more accounts than you need, but not necessarily hurting you. Build on those bank cards with CLI's and manage the balances.  Agreed.  I've never had a lot of credit.  In fact I had none until 2001 and I'm pushing 50 years old.  Same here - never had a credit card until 2003 or so, had to file BK in 2007 (medical debt) and I just turned 51. Fianally decided to sit down and figure this stuff out. Wish I would have gotten serious about it 15 years ago.

Scores are below and FAKO.  No way to get FICO's yet.  Can't understand the TU score.  It's a better report. Concentrate less on what the scores are and more on whats in your reports. Clean the reports and do propers control and management of credit accounts and the scores will follow.  That's what I've been doing.  There's nothing more I can clean. I think at this point ageing and getting the lien cleared is what going to help most. You know what they say "time wounds all heals" ...uhh...wait....What?

*Guess I should leave BofA alone.  Unsure.  It fell off the other two cra reports so I was hoping the same would happen with EQ.  Should I just call EQ and dispute it as reporting wrong when I have last year's report showing Foreclosure?  Date of Last Activity 9/2007.  That wasn't my first late.

*The lien is tricky.  I'm on it with dh (and he also has two huge business liens.)  I didn't work at that time but my name was on the tax return for this. 

*Regarding collections, paid the CA.  I have receipts but they just applied the payments to the accounts.  It was a payment plan for 8 months. 9/2011-4/2012

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Guess I should leave BofA alone.  Unsure.  It fell off the other two cra reports so I was hoping the same would happen with EQ.  Should I just call EQ and dispute it as reporting wrong when I have last year's report showing Foreclosure?  Date of Last Activity 9/2007.  That wasn't my first late.

*The lien is tricky.  I'm on it with dh (and he also has two huge business liens.)  I didn't work at that time but my name was on the tax return for this. 

*Regarding collections, paid the CA.  I have receipts but they just applied the payments to the accounts.  It was a payment plan for 8 months. 9/2011-4/2012

So is it the CA that's reporting a balance or the OC?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So is it the CA that's reporting a balance or the OC? yes, CA

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.