Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling good and proud :-)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feeling good and proud :-)

I thought id come here to brag because I'm feeling pretty good. I called my CU that my vehicles are financed thru to check if I was able to refi them now that my scores are better. With paying off my CC balances last month I figured I would get a nice score jump. Well my loan officer told me to guess what my score was. I figured it was close to a 636. Wrong!!! 657 :-) :-) :-) :-) She gave me a rate reduction on my 2 car loans and moved my loan rates from 10.2% and the other loan from 8.5% down to 5.1%. Saving me over $1300 in interest on each loan. She didn't mess with the terms, it was just a rate reduction but I'm happy with it.Almost 2 years ago I was at a mid 400 fico score. If you want it bad enough like I did,I kept at it and the weird thing is that I actually enjoy paying bills lol. Just so I can see how it reflects on my score. I'm in the market now to buy my first home in the San Antonio area. I was approved for a FHA $180k loan @4.25% thru Security National Mortgage Company. Rental rates are thru the roof so it only makes sense to buy a home. Anyway, thanks to all for the help and contributing to this invaluable forum. It's definitely helped me and for that I am a more wise and understanding individual with a huge grasp on the realities of my credit.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feeling good and proud :-)

My mortgage score was a 635 fyi. If it matters to anyone? I'm not sure was fico scoring method they use either
Message 2 of 9
rottnapple
Established Member

It's so fun to find out all of your hard work paid off! Congrats!!

@Anonymous wrote:
@I thought id come here to brag because I'm feeling pretty good. I called my CU that my vehicles are financed thru to check if I was able to refi them now that my scores are better. With paying off my CC balances last month I figured I would get a nice score jump. Well my loan officer told me to guess what my score was. I figured it was close to a 636. Wrong!!! 657 :-) :-) :-) :-) She gave me a rate reduction on my 2 car loans and moved my loan rates from 10.2% and the other loan from 8.5% down to 5.1%. Saving me over $1300 in interest on each loan. She didn't mess with the terms, it was just a rate reduction but I'm happy with it.Almost 2 years ago I was at a mid 400 fico score. If you want it bad enough like I did,I kept at it and the weird thing is that I actually enjoy paying bills lol. Just so I can see how it reflects on my score. I'm in the market now to buy my first home in the San Antonio area. I was approved for a FHA $180k loan @4.25% thru Security National Mortgage Company. Rental rates are thru the roof so it only makes sense to buy a home. Anyway, thanks to all for the help and contributing to this invaluable forum. It's definitely helped me and for that I am a more wise and understanding individual with a huge grasp on the realities of my credit.

Starting 2014Smiley SadFICO 8) Ex 519, TU 520, EQ 517
April 2016 (FICO 8): EX 631, TU 618, EQ 593
Wanna Be 750+
CapOne 1000|CapOne 500|Overstock 1200|Amazon 800|JCrew 450|The Limited 350|Ann Taylor 250|Chevron 300|76 300|Kohls 250|VS 250
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats. what is your income range if you don't mind me asking? how many bank statements and paystubs were required for the fha?

thanks.

Message 4 of 9
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  I love hearing when good things come to those who put in the effort!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a lender that is amazing with fha loans. If you want her contact info,I can pm you. And iv been at the same job now(aka my career) for a little over 3 years. Iv consistently earned from $55k-$60k per year. My lender is only requiring 2 months of bank statements and the last 2 years of tax info for the proof of AGI. I didn't have much for a down payment but I am putting only required to put down 3.5%. The house I'm putting an offer in on today is $125k. And thank you diveforfun97 :-)
Message 6 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the success!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

please pm me the lender info. I appreciate that.I am starting to put all my information together for hopefully end of summer. Once again congrats.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks bud. I'll pm your you now.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.