Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling lucky about HSBC :)

tag
golfingmama
New Contributor

Feeling lucky about HSBC :)

I've been GW-ing HSBC for months with no success, BUT today I have a good feeling the letter I just put in the mail is the one!

Has anyone had success with HSBC and an address in upstate NY? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Feeling lucky about HSBC :)

I'm from upstate new york.  I haven't tried sending GW letters to HSBC yet, but I have two closed/charged-off accounts I want to fix up.  One account has always been reported wrong to CRA and I have disputed it multiple times and they continue adding incorrect information.  The other I haven't touched because I'm working on removing the CA tied to the account (Midland Credit Management).  I've been searching for an e-mail address for HSBC instead of using snail mail. 

Message 2 of 8
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

I am from upstate too (Watertown).  I am currently GW'ing HSBC due to a Orchard Bank card that I did not do well on during a deployment.  Let me know how it goes, and I will do the same.

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 3 of 8
golfingmama
New Contributor

Holy cow I JUST recieved a call from an HSBC rep saying they are looking into my account and the possible removal of lates and I will be contacted tomorrow!!!!  I used an address in Buffalo, NY!!  Keep your fingers crossed Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 8
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

GREAT!!!!  I dont have that address....would you PLEASE PM the address to me.  I owe you big!  I went to college in Buffalo (Daemen) and I am the worlds biggest Sabres fan!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new at this can you tell me what GW-ing mean ? I dealt with both HSBC AND ORCHARD BANK AND HAVE HAD SOME good  RESULT WOULD RECOMMEND EITHER ONE . 08spiderman

Message 6 of 8
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forum spiderman08.  I recommend that you read the 7 locked threads that you see at the top of the "rebuilding your credit" forums.  GW stands for goodwill.  This is a letter that you can write to the original company asking for a goodwill adjustment.  A goodwill adjustment could be the removal of a bad tradeline, or the removal of late payments.  Good luck!

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new at this can you tell me what GW-ing mean ? I dealt with both HSBC AND ORCHARD BANK AND HAVE HAD SOME good  RESULT WOULD RECOMMEND EITHER ONE . 08spiderman

Along the prev. poster's recommendations, I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.