New Contributor
golfingmama

Feeling lucky about HSBC :)

I've been GW-ing HSBC for months with no success, BUT today I have a good feeling the letter I just put in the mail is the one!

Has anyone had success with HSBC and an address in upstate NY? 

Established Member
h20r02

Re: Feeling lucky about HSBC :)

I'm from upstate new york.  I haven't tried sending GW letters to HSBC yet, but I have two closed/charged-off accounts I want to fix up.  One account has always been reported wrong to CRA and I have disputed it multiple times and they continue adding incorrect information.  The other I haven't touched because I'm working on removing the CA tied to the account (Midland Credit Management).  I've been searching for an e-mail address for HSBC instead of using snail mail. 

Starting Score: 10/29/10 EX: 585, EQ: 573, TU: 547
Current Score: EX: 753, EQ: 640, TU: 651
Goal Score: 640+ (FHA req for FTHB)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
diveforfun97

I am from upstate too (Watertown).  I am currently GW'ing HSBC due to a Orchard Bank card that I did not do well on during a deployment.  Let me know how it goes, and I will do the same.

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Goal Score: 700

New Contributor
golfingmama

Holy cow I JUST recieved a call from an HSBC rep saying they are looking into my account and the possible removal of lates and I will be contacted tomorrow!!!!  I used an address in Buffalo, NY!!  Keep your fingers crossed :smileytongue:

Regular Contributor
diveforfun97

GREAT!!!!  I dont have that address....would you PLEASE PM the address to me.  I owe you big!  I went to college in Buffalo (Daemen) and I am the worlds biggest Sabres fan!

New Visitor
08spiderman

I am new at this can you tell me what GW-ing mean ? I dealt with both HSBC AND ORCHARD BANK AND HAVE HAD SOME good  RESULT WOULD RECOMMEND EITHER ONE . 08spiderman

Regular Contributor
diveforfun97

Welcome to the forum spiderman08.  I recommend that you read the 7 locked threads that you see at the top of the "rebuilding your credit" forums.  GW stands for goodwill.  This is a letter that you can write to the original company asking for a goodwill adjustment.  A goodwill adjustment could be the removal of a bad tradeline, or the removal of late payments.  Good luck!

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

08spiderman wrote:

I am new at this can you tell me what GW-ing mean ? I dealt with both HSBC AND ORCHARD BANK AND HAVE HAD SOME good  RESULT WOULD RECOMMEND EITHER ONE . 08spiderman

Along the prev. poster's recommendations, I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}