Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling stuck!

tag
jprose5
Established Member

Feeling stuck!

I did all I can and it's still not enough. Now the only thing left is to wait! My SO and I want to buy a house but it's never worked out. Two years ago I had a 620 but no job, he had a job (20+ years there) but a bad score. He got his score up, but put two cars on and it took his score down again. During the time I was looking for a job, I messed up my own credit.

I got a job back in June and have been trying to pay everything off. It's been almost a year and I'm back up but my median score is a 611. Smiley Sad I have paid ALL the debt, had debt removed, and have kept on an on time history for the past year but it hasn't been enough. I just feel stuck because there is nothing left to do but wait around for it to slowly go up.

The only hope is that two inquiries might drop off and that if I maintain a 20% utilization, it mights go up a bit. Also, I'd like for it to be above 620 before I start shopping around anyway since it's going ding and drop my score a few points anyway.

Any advice, suggestions or help would be nice.

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Re: Feeling stuck!

Try getting utilization down to about 9% this seems to be the magic number
Message 2 of 4
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

You mentioned you have everything paid off but is any negative items still showing on your report, even though its paid?

Do you have any credit cards or loans?

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 3 of 4
jprose5
Established Member

There are negative items but they are showing as paid. I tried to have them deleted but it's not happening. I have a credit card and student loan that are both showing on time history. I only have two negative accounts but one was a CO so that's not helping.

I will definitely get my cc to 9%. The limit is only 300, I tried getting them to raise my limit but I guess my score is too low.

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.