Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feels so hopeless

tag
mithrildreams
Valued Member

Re: Feels so hopeless

Discover didn't send a request for secure card.  I think I am going to work on my report before getting a secure card.  Or, I'll find a card that doesn't check your credit but reports to the bureaus.

Capital One Quicksilver | Capitol One Platinum | OverStock | Gamestop
Current 9/28/16 Experian 659 Equifax 646Transunion 633
Starting over...06/13/2015
Experian 537 Equifax 544 TransUnion 525
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried Open Sky...No credit check

@mithrildreams wrote:

Discover didn't send a request for secure card.  I think I am going to work on my report before getting a secure card.  Or, I'll find a card that doesn't check your credit but reports to the bureaus.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried Open Sky...No credit check

@mithrildreams wrote:

https://www.openskycc.com/Application.aspx 

Message 13 of 18
mithrildreams
Valued Member

Thank you, I'll try that now.

Message 14 of 18
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

First , welcome to the forum. Whatever steps you decide to take in the days to come, I strongly suggest you stick around here and read. READ READ READ and learn. You will see results if you learn the ins and outs and apply them and stay focused on where you want to find yourself in 1 year, in 2 years.

I feel your pain and if anyone knows that hopeless feeling its me and so many other members of this forum. Try paying your bills on time for your entire adult life and then you wake up one day and realize theres no way out than to file BK. Talk about a hopeless feeling.  Anyway, you can do this and you've come to the right place to learn how to get it done and before you know it, your scores will be heading north. I can say with certainty that in less than 1 year, I no longer feel hopeless. In fact I'm far from hopeless. I'm very hopeful and I look forward to the days ahead of me thanks to the good people on here who have helped me rebuild my credit. Good luck !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 15 of 18
mithrildreams
Valued Member

I have filed Bankrupcy but it was 25 years ago.  I said I would never get myself back to this place.  I only want one card and my new house.  I think I am one of those people who should not use credit.  I am going to read  read read before I do anything else.  Maybe I'll learn this time around.

Message 16 of 18
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@mithrildreams wrote:

I have filed Bankrupcy but it was 25 years ago.  I said I would never get myself back to this place.  I only want one card and my new house.  I think I am one of those people who should not use credit.  I am going to read  read read before I do anything else.  Maybe I'll learn this time around.

You're going to have good days and not so good days and then you'll have some bad days while on this journey of yours to rebuild. I can garauntee that. But, as you learn more and apply it, you're going to notice the good days far out-weigh the not so good and then the bad days become a thing of your past. You will come across threads on here about peoples journeys and their struggles to get their baddies removed and their scores up. Many of these storys will give you hope and keep you focused on the hard work ahead of you.  You can do this, a lot of us here are living proof. Good luck again, I hope to be reading some of your success stories before long.Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 17 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mithrildreams wrote:

Im worried about applying for a capitol one secured card.  We had an unsecured card and it shows as charged off.  So, I'm thinking that is a bad bet.  Thanks for the advice.  I'll look over the other cards and see if we can open them.  I'm hoping something will come up and I can get it all worked out  We have a lady that wants to work for us with the credit agencies.  She wants $700 to work on mine and my husbands.  I've alse been looking at blue sky credit repair.  I don't really have the time to do it myself unless doing it online really works.

They dont hold a grudge forever but if they still own the debt I advise you settle with them for the best shot. As far as credit repair organizations there isnt anything they can do for you that you cant do for yourself. The threads in these forums contain a wealth of info and there are many knowledgable people here that can help answer your questions. Good luck in your rebuilding journey Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Secured-Cards-Database/td-p/3846302

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.