Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few questions about my report....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Few questions about my report....

I have 2 accounts One from Chase with a status of paid as agreed, it is flagged for 4 90+ days paid late and few other 30 and 60 days. The account has been paid off and has an account balance of zero There was a settlement accepted on the account.. Date opened was May 2003 and last activity as Mar 2005 with date closed not reported.

The other account is with Capitol One with a status of Bad Debt/Collection it is flagged for 4 90+ days paid late, and a few 30 and 60 days also. There was a settlement accepted on the account and I have paid it off and the balance is at zero also. Date opened July 2002 and last activity Aug 2003, no date closed reported...

Now does this mean from the last activity date I must wait 7 years for it to be taken off? Or is there a chance I can get them off before then? If so what's my best chance in doing so?

I also have 2 collections on my account one assigned on Feb. 2007 and the other on Sep 2005. One was a Doctors office, and another a hospital bill... Bother were turned over to collections and have since been paid off in full both showing a balance of zero...

How bad are these affecting my credit score? My EQ Fico is at 606 atmShould I try and do anything to get these off or just wait out the seven years and move forward with my current and up to date accounts? Thanks for any input anyone has!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Few questions about my report....

reporting period is based on DOFD - no matter who the debt was paid too.  Thus the date you need to find is when you 1st fell behind and never caught the account to a current state.

As far as the COs reporting 30,60, or even 90 lates - this is accurate.. You would have to had been in COs status to get the settlement.

For scoreing - a collection account is score the same, but in the future you may can get a manual underwriter to take a chance on you.  But you don't get a score increase because you pay them off.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this stage with the lates being so long ago they are probably having little effect on your score (may be some points but they are old and are going to fall off in the next 18 months and, once they have done, you will get the benefits of the age of accounts to work into your AAoA for a further 3 years whilst they will be reporting as positive tradelines.  If it is not adding anything to your AAoA then you could try GW letters either to get the lates removed or to have the whole tradeline removed - if it drops your AAoA tho that could have more of an effect than the lates are)

With the two collections if they are both medical then you may want to follow the HIPAA process to try and get those removed since they are already paid.  Did you pay in full on those or a reduced settlement?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have not yet, pull your free annual reports. See link below. You need reports directly from the CRA to see the DOFD or removal date.

On the Chase and Cap One......were they ever CO? What is the DOFD? What dates did the lates occur?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah im pretty sure they were CO's I went through a non profit place and them handle the creditors and get my accounts settled and I just payed monthly to them until it was paid off.

the 51 dollar doctors office one was paid in full at the regular amount owed, I made deal with the hosptial one and made a full cash payment to the collection agency.

This is the chase info on late payment...

30 days late 5 times (Nov 2004, Oct 2004, Jun 2004) 60 days late 3 times (Dec 2004, Mar 2004) 90+ days late 4 times (Feb 2005, Jan 2005, Feb 2004)

and the capitol one....

30 days late 2 times (Sep 2003) 60 days late 1 time (Oct 2003) 90+ days late 4 times (Feb 2004, Jan 2004, Dec 2003, Nov 2003)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled my annual report, gave me the dates when they will be removed! Thank you.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.