Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiance with bad credit **REPO and medical collections**

tag
kjones2011
Established Member

Fiance with bad credit **REPO and medical collections**

Hello all,

Me and my fiance plan to get married around2/2015 and hope to buy a home that summer.  Our situation is little difficult since we both have credit issues.

Me:

Income $43000

Student Loan $40000 ($300 monthly payment)

Car Loan $1300 ($280 monthly paments

2 charge offs from 2011 but paid off on 2012

2 account in collections from 2012

3 credit cards on time payment history 2 years straight

640 Credit score from experian

Fiance:

Income $30,990

Multiple collections from medical bills from 2007  ( he messed up  his knee when he was young and had to have surgery and theraphy)

1 Repo from 2009

Car Loan ($490 per month)

Student Loans $10000 ($50 per month)

a few charge off on credit from 2007

589 Credit Score

I have added him on to my credit cards as an authorized user hoping it will help him build some type revolving credit and increase his score.

We have been going back and forth with credit repair and saving for a down payment and planning for a wedding,...but our main concern is our finances and credit  we want to get started on the right foot .

Please Help  

Experian 667 Transunion 655 Equifax 623

Walmart $3000 CL, VentureOne $5250 CL Best Buy $2500 CL
Macys $3300-Wells Fargo $4000 David's Bridal $2500 CareCredit $2500 Zales $2000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Fiance with bad credit **REPO and medical collections**

@kjones2011 wrote:

Hello all,

Me and my fiance plan to get married around2/2015 and hope to buy a home that summer.  Our situation is little difficult since we both have credit issues.

Me:

Income $43000

Student Loan $40000 ($300 monthly payment)

Car Loan $1300 ($280 monthly paments

2 charge offs from 2011 but paid off on 2012 Look on this forum for good will letters and see if you can get the companies that you paid to delete these from your credit reports

2 account in collections from 2012 Look on this forum to see if you can get a Pay for Delete on these. Meaning, you'll pay them off, or settle for a percentage if they agree to delete these from your credit reports.

3 credit cards on time payment history 2 years straight Good! For optimum scoring make sure two of them report a 0 balance and the 3rd reports a balance of no more than 9% of that card's limit.

640 Credit score from experian

Fiance:

Income $30,990

Multiple collections from medical bills from 2007  ( he messed up  his knee when he was young and had to have surgery and theraphy) Contact the hospital and see if they can work with you to pay these to get them off his credit report or if they have a program to get these removed from his credit report due to his financial hardship- though they should fall off his credit report soon since they're about 7 years old.

1 Repo from 2009 If you can, try for a pay for delete to get this off his report, but if you can't afford to do so, I don't know what to suggest. If he's with in your state's SoL I wouldn't want him to poke the bear and get sued.

Car Loan ($490 per month): Ouch- maybe if he can get some of those medical collections off, and has a relationship with a credit union, he can refinance this to get his payments lower.

Student Loans $10000 ($50 per month)

a few charge off on credit from 2007: These should fall off soon due to being 7 years old, but again, you can try to get them to delete them if you pay them off.

589 Credit Score

I have added him on to my credit cards as an authorized user hoping it will help him build some type revolving credit and increase his score. Does he have any of his own CCs? Perhaps he can apply for a secured card or two?

We have been going back and forth with credit repair and saving for a down payment and planning for a wedding,...but our main concern is our finances and credit  we want to get started on the right foot .

Please Help  

Good luck to you. I hope you can get these cleared up, as well as save for your wedding and home.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Before paying off any medical bills, search HIPPA process. If these are from 2007, I would do nothing with them and just let them fall off from age.

Message 3 of 4
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Can a Mod merge these posts? http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Advice-for-Home-Buying-plan-to-buy-in-2015/m-p/276659...

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.