Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico Credit report?

I didn't know where to post this, so I just will post it here.

On myfico credit report it lists an account that was included in my bankruptcy , it has under status the -last activity "September 2008" so does that mean from that date forward it starts towards the date that account should fall off? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico Credit report?

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't know where to post this, so I just will post it here.

On myfico credit report it lists an account that was included in my bankruptcy , it has under status the -last activity "September 2008" so does that mean from that date forward it starts towards the date that account should fall off? 

Yes. It'll likely drop off month after next.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fico Credit report?

The reporting of a BK is a separate adverse item of information that has its own credit report exclusion date.  FCRA 605(a)(1).

The fact that the account was included in the BK imposes the requirment that the account be updated to show discharge of the debt, and also precludes the continued reporitng of new delinquencies on the debt.  There is no requirement regarding deletion/exclusion of the account itself from your credit report based on the debt having been discharged by the BK.

The derogs reported under the account each have their own credit report exclusion periods, just as any other account.

What has been reported under the account?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.