Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico/Fako Which one is closest?

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fico/Fako Which one is closest?

@baller4life wrote:
Thanks for link. Wouldn't even give me details because they are not accepting new apps at this time. So, let me get this straight because I have only had mine a week. The score we receive with our card is the only TU FICO we receive? The score on the monthly statement is EX Fako???.

NO... this was a seperate program, it's been around for awhile.  I think it was phased or being phased out.

Your monthly score provided to you is a TU FICO08 score from Discover.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Thanks for link. Wouldn't even give me details because they are not accepting new apps at this time. So, let me get this straight because I have only had mine a week. The score we receive with our card is the only TU FICO we receive? The score on the monthly statement is EX Fako???.

NO... this was a seperate program, it's been around for awhile.  I think it was phased or being phased out.

Your monthly score provided to you is a TU FICO08 score from Discover.

Yes sir phased out for membership about 1 1/2 agoSmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

WHEW... Scared me for a sec there. lol. I was pretty sure that the score on the monthly statement was FICO. Thanks guys for clarifying. Hope this helps the OP as well. All the ones you listed are FAKOS. Only your Discover monthly statement score is FICO.

Message 13 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Onthe27thday wrote:

Hey guys, I find myself confused about the scores I am pulling. Some I KNOW are fakes... others, not so sure.

USAA Credit Monitoring:    EX:  601           EQ: 596            TU: 606  are these Fakos?

Credit Sesame: 613

Discover Statement: is this a FICO? or Fake? 665

Capital One Tracking: is this a FICO or Fake? 622

Credit Karma: 624

Because the scores are all over the place, I'm having a hard time finding a medium. These scores range from poor credit to average credit depending on what site I'm on. I am just wondering if I'm out of the poor category or not yet.

Also, I have a new Auto Loan and Secured CC that are not yet reporting. Does anyone know if I should expect to see an increase or a decrease in scores once they report?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Depends if you will see a score increase. I did when my Cap 1 secured started reporting because I didn't have any other revolving credit. Some profiles will see a decrease because it affects your AAoA. YMMV

Message 14 of 15
Onthe27thday
Regular Contributor

Thanks for being so thorough with the information! I will pray that it's not a decrease! You guys have helped alot Smiley Happy

Starting Score (Oct '13): 473 (EX), Current Score: MyFICO EX: 713 EQ: 715 TU: 717, Goal Score: 740 & above. Capital One Quicksilver: $2250, Discover IT: $9500, Chase Amazon Store Card: $2600, Care Credit: $15000, Barclays Rewards: $1850 BCE: 20,000, PenFed Visa Sig: 7,000 NFCU cashRewards $24,600
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.