Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico/Mortgage Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico/Mortgage Scores

Hello. I don't know if anyone can answer this question but hopefully someone can help clarify.. My question is.. When I first pulled mine and my husbands Fico/mortgage scores My Fico 8 scores were lower then my mortgage scores which I expected however, my husbands Fico 8 scores were way lower then mine but his Fico mortgage scores were like 60 points higher then his regular Fico scores and my motgage scores. Is that really possible that his Fico mortgage scores could be that much higher then his regular Fico 8 scores or is it some kind of mistake? Really confused here. Hope someone can help or has heard of this situation before. We have been working hard at rebuilding credit in hopes of buying a house soon. Want to thank everyone on these forums for there knowledge I have been stalking these boards for months and everyone is such a big help.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico/Mortgage Scores

Yes this is possible and does happen. My mortgage scores are higher than my fico 08 scores. My TU 08 is 661 and my mortgage score is 701.

Different models produce different results.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!!!! Thanks For sharing🙂
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mortgage scores are close to 20 points lower on all 3.      As stated above, completely different scoring models.

Message 4 of 6
greent
Frequent Contributor

It's possible. My mortgage scores are lower by about 40 points.

Message 5 of 6
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

There's a big gap between mine, with the mortgage scores being waaaaay higher: EQ 35pts higher, TU *72*pts, EX 9pts. Like you, I'm also planning to buy a house soon. I've got an old charge-off dropping off in the next 6 weeks, so I'm hoping to see a big jump up to where my FAKO Vantage scores are. The middle mortgage score is currently 719, but I want to nudge it up a few points higher.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.