Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico question

tag
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Fico question

myFICO TU Pull was 660, My question is, as of this month all three of my credit cards, Best Buy, Cap One, and National City will have a zero balance. Down from around 40% of total usage. I have one collection account that is listed as paid (medical that insurance was supposed to pay) that i am currently disputing. Assuming this collection is removed and my revolving debt falls into the golden zone, how much of a jump can i expect?  I am applying for a mortgage and trying to get the best rate possible. Clearly i want to wait till these issues are resolved, I just want to know what to expect.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico question

@Jake0215 wrote:

myFICO TU Pull was 660, My question is, as of this month all three of my credit cards, Best Buy, Cap One, and National City will have a zero balance. Down from around 40% of total usage. I have one collection account that is listed as paid (medical that insurance was supposed to pay) that i am currently disputing. Assuming this collection is removed and my revolving debt falls into the golden zone, how much of a jump can i expect?  I am applying for a mortgage and trying to get the best rate possible. Clearly i want to wait till these issues are resolved, I just want to know what to expect.

It's hard to say because there are several other factors contributing to your score.  Things like the age of your oldest account, your AAoA, other lines of credit, the age of that collection account, etc.  

Message 2 of 4
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Average age of account is 4 years, oldest account is ten years. I have a car loan 2.5/5 years. The car loan is the only installment account. I dont have any real estate accounts. the collection is 4 months old.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

A recent debt reporting by a CA, can hurt a CS by about 80pts.Ouch!

Have you contacted the CA, to see if they would kindly remove this paid debt from your CR?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.