Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score in relation to credit karma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico score in relation to credit karma

I know they are way off for me, but Fico won't update until March 4th for me and I want to know what may have happened with it from your experience. Paid CC down to 4% util from max. Credit Karma Equifax (TU didn't update for some reason) went up 158 points. So I now have one zero line of credit, one credit card at 4%, one collection from 15' (should be 14' but they won't correct or delete) and 3 30 days from last year. CK has my EQ now at 690. What do you think my Fico did? It pulled at 471 this month before the CC was reported being paid down. CK had me at 532 before. Did my Fico make the same jump? What kind of increases on everything can I expect over the next few months keeping everything the same?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico score in relation to credit karma

Sorry, I meant to put this in a different catagory. Please move me again if needed as it seems I can't.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no connection between Credit Karma's "Vantage Scores" and FICO8.  None.  Credit Karma is an "entertainment score".

Here's my chart comparing Credit Karma to FICO over 2017:

vantage-vs-fico8-december.png

There are a few websites you can get a free FICO score at -- which website are you using for your FICO?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Fico

I know CK is an entertainment Fako, but I was hopeful there would be some corolation if one went up the other would...?
Message 4 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
NFCU Fico

I know CK is an entertainment Fako, but I was hopeful there would be some corolation if one went up the other would...?

I paid off a huge amount of utilization (reported at 8%)  and my CK scores DROPPED by 50+ points where as I gained 10-20 points on FICO scores. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
NFCU Fico

Ever wonder if professional wrestling on TV correlates to being able to lift heavy weights or win in an actual fight?

Ignore CK scores forever.  They aren't real, they don't connect to reality in a great many cases.

CK is awesome for monitoring credit profiles for recent activity though.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My profile is a good one for case study as every single card/account I've ever had reported to all three CRA's, therefore my real scores are generally very close. My current Fico's are EQ- 721, TU- 719, EX- 723 whereas my V3 scores are EQ- 666, TU- 612, EX- 628.

My Fico's have all gained or stayed even with new apps and accounts over the last 3 months while V3's have acted like a schizophrenic bunny rabbit with hiccups.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO and FAKO (vantage score) are apples and oranges. There are actions you can take that will show positive moves for both models, but just as many people have shown split positive and negatives moves for the same information being updated depending on the model. I tried for a long time to find a pattern between the different models since so many people write how they are based off the same principles (timely payments, age of account, utilization, blah blah). My FAKO scores are over 100pts higher than FICO 8 (see signature) and other people have FAKO scores 100pts LOWER than FICO 8. Don't waste your brain power looking at FAKO scores. 

I also read on these forums that last year the CFPB sued two of the CRA's for misleading customers regarding the FAKO scores. That's all the proof I need personally. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.