Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico scores need lots of help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico scores need lots of help.

I have  562 EQ 542 TU scores

I have 2 student loans past due 90 days, a state  tax lien (paid but not showing that on the TU), its not listed on the EQ. 

I have Collection account for $327 and charge off for $377. 

I will able to pay off the ca and co and bring the loans current tomorrow.  I don't have anything in writing from either the co or ca that says they will remove the acct or have it show paid in full.  I have sent a letter(certified return receipt)  requesting my ca removed and I would pay the acct in full.  Should I wait to hear from them of just pay it off?

What do I do next.?  Once I pay all these accounts and have proof of having paid them off, do I dispute the balances on my credit report that I have from 7/11/12.  

I need a car but I have a clunker I am going to try and get up and running.

The other question I have is, will paying my student loans in advance help increase my fico score?

Where is the best place to get a secured credit car?

Thanks so much for your help.

I make 4500. per month and have worked in the same business for last 15 years.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico scores need lots of help.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have  562 EQ 542 TU scores

I have 2 student loans past due 90 days, a state  tax lien (paid but not showing that on the TU), its not listed on the EQ. 

I have Collection account for $327 and charge off for $377. 

I will able to pay off the ca and co and bring the loans current tomorrow.  I don't have anything in writing from either the co or ca that says they will remove the acct or have it show paid in full.  I have sent a letter(certified return receipt)  requesting my ca removed and I would pay the acct in full.  Should I wait to hear from them of just pay it off?

What do I do next.?  Once I pay all these accounts and have proof of having paid them off, do I dispute the balances on my credit report that I have from 7/11/12.  

I need a car but I have a clunker I am going to try and get up and running.

The other question I have is, will paying my student loans in advance help increase my fico score?

Where is the best place to get a secured credit car?

Thanks so much for your help.

I make 4500. per month and have worked in the same business for last 15 years.

Who are the Student loans through? If Sallie Mae, it will be difficult to get to remove.  Ive been dealing with them for 5 weeks no and no luck.  If you owe the money and the CA's are valid I would try PFD before you PIF.  If PFD unsuccessful then try GW after PIF.  (In terms of PFD, pick up phone and call if they havent returned your mailings.  Can take more than one attempt.)

I would hold off on disputing balances immediately.  Give them a week or so to see if they report on their own.

In terms of paying student loans in advance, it will not help your FICO score.  It may help you negotiate GW removal of lates with student loan company.

Lastly, Secured CC's.  Search Secured on this website and you will find a ton of info about them.  I like NFCU, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Crap1 (oh sorry) Cap1 - still like them but their customer service is horrible and they are very slow to report but they do give semi-secured cards (as low as $49 for $200 limit and you get CreditInform for free).  Also check your local credit unions as they may have a product.

I would suggest just reading as much as you can on this site.  You will learn quickly.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.