Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fight back the big companies

tag
aot2009
Regular Contributor

Fight back the big companies

I started my journey with credit building back in 2008 and now in the 700 range, a new car, a discover card too.

I recently had a problem with moving and my utility company decided to do a charge off even though I had been in a payment plan that they setup. Since I moved from one state to another they said the two states are different companies and they dropped the payment plan.

I called them to discuss and nothing or no one gave a crap nor did they care if it was there mistake.

I wrote them letters to both state companies and one of them replied that they wouldn't do anything and it was my problem to deal with and will fall off in 7 yrs. 

Then not 20 days later I had a collection agency for Direct TV attack my report and I never got a letter to DV against them nor have I heard from Direct Tv since 2006. 

Imagine how I felt with a 50+ point drop after all my hard work over these years.

I decided it was time to step up against these companies, I filed suit in the courts about 2.5 weeks ago and the other day I got a call from both companies asking to settle and even offered to pay my court costs. 

My score is back to where it was and I'm moving on but I just wanted to let the community know that when all else fails, filing suit is the only way to go and it works.

Don't give up persistance pays off.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Fight back the big companies

Please expand with how, where and what.  How did you file? What court(s) did you file in? What claim did you file with?

Message 2 of 3
aot2009
Regular Contributor

Re: Fight back the big companies

Small claims for both, I filed in my local state small claims courts for 999 bucks for breaking FCRA laws for one and 999 for the other for breaching contract of original agreement.

You can go to your local law library and they will help you fill out the paperwork.  Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.