Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Fraud report????...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

File Fraud report????...

I was recently denied a credit card because someone had previously submitted an application in my name 3 times over the past 4 years.  These inquiries are hurting my score.  I'm 4-5 months from closing on a mortgage and need these removed quickly.  Someone said filing a fraud report with law enforecment will further damage my credit and destroy me in the loan process.  How can I get these removed quickly??  

Sincerest thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: File Fraud report????...

Inquiries only stay on your credit report for 2 years. How many of the 3 inquiries were in the last 6-12 months? It sounds like you were probably denied credit for some other reason.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied credit because someone fraudently applied for credit on my behalf and the creditor had several incomplete application on file in my name.  I have two inquiries out of 3 still on my report and a 3rd one from "my" application which was denied.  I would like all 3 removed but need to know the right way to go about this.

Message 3 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

If you're being denied because the creditor is showing several incomplete applications, that sounds like something you'll have to talk to the creditor about. I don't think having the inquiries removed will affect their internal system.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're correct.... and I've spoken with them about having them removed but they want a police report which means I'd have to file a fraud report w/ law enforcement.  This most likely would result in a "fraud alert" being placed on my credit which would affect me thru the mortgage process.

What I'm looking for is to have this creditor to remove all inquires (including the one placed on my report when I applied and was denied) as they are all connected to the original fraud activity.  I would rather not do business with this company any further and have "already" found another credit card product that could serve my current needs.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.