Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed Ch 7 -Pro Se 10/23/17

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed Ch 7 -Pro Se 10/23/17

I recently filed ch 7 10/23/17.sinple no asset case. 21k In Student loans which I deferred prior to filing about about 30k in debt. I started saving money to pay for lawyer that A friend referred, But with the timing and check to check living it wasn’t as simple as I anticipated. So for about 3 months all I did on my free time is come to this forum and other sites and you tube videos on how to file pro se. There is software out there that makes it very easy if you do your homework. I think the hardest part was filing a Motion with the court to redeem my vehicle which is really upside down. (2004 mercury-126k miles -still owe $4500)I have a hearing with the judge for redemption (offered dealer $1000 they have 30 days from the day I filed it to reject or counter)11/30/17 and 341 meeting 12/4/17. Deadline for creditor/trustee to object 2/2/17. I plan to join my local credit union Which I’ve already introduced myself and explained my situation. My goal is to get in to “700+ club and buy a house in 2-3 years. This forum has def gave me the knowledge and confidence I needed to take the leap! I will post updates after my redemption hearing for ppl in the same shoes as I am! Thanks

Current scores—�— Eq504–Tr489–Ex489
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filed Ch 7 -Pro Se 10/23/17

Just another update.

Although my credit score is not important as I haven’t been discharged from my bamkruptcy. I would just like to point of how insane my credit is score is bouncing around and also showing “IIB” accounts already.

Also! I was unable to open a bank account bye to chexsystems. So i sent over a copy of my BK filing and the account was totally removed so that’s pretty exciting. I plan to open an account with my local credit union in the next week or so.

Slow and steady wins the race....
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just finished my 341 meeting. Showed up early even though I was one of the first to be called. I was called up but I had to fill out a questionnaire bc I’m pro se I guess.

It went very smooth. The trustee told me “off the record, this is one of the best petitions I ever seen” That felt good. Now I’m apart of the 60day club.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the hearing.   are your scores bouncing around in a good way or bad?    im still awating the 341 hearing myself, its good to see others have success.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Scores are bouncing around up and down. Really trying not to focus on the scores as it really doesn’t matter until after discharge. I will say my scores were not the best before filing so it only dropped about 60 points after filing. So Im touching 500s as of now. All Fico no Fako.

As for he meeting. It was pretty basic. The hardest part was waiting to be called. And it did help watching others before me.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today(2/6/18) I received my Chapter 7 Discharge! The deadline for objections was 2/2/18. The past 48 hrs I have been biting my nails waiting for bad news lol. It’s really about keeping calm and waiting it out. (I wasn’t calm at all). I am unbelievably relieved and optimistic and my finances yet to come. My Fico Scores bottomed out in the low 400s after I filed and today I am in the 550 range give or take. I have been fixing my credit report every since I had my 341 meeting. I pulled my report today and went through all 3 agencies and sent out disputes for all three again yesterday. (2/5/18). I have been not only cleaning bad marks also old address and wrongly spelled names or anything that is not valid today. I have been on pacer.com for the past few month heavily as it totaled my account bill of $106.50 those ten cents do add up I guess. But I have all my info from pacer printed for my files now.

I requested to redeem my auto. Then recently I changed my mind it would not be a wise economical decision I don’t want to put any more money in it so I will be setting up a meet to surrender. 2/8/18 I have a plan to meet with a dealer for new pick up truck that I’ve been patiently waiting to get. Hopefully everything goes smooth with discharge in hand.

I didn’t get many loan offers prior to recieving my discharge. May I will start now who know. I plan to start the discharge to 700 plan with a few tweaks on things I’ve learned throughout this journey. I feel like a new man. I am very proud and anyone who is going through this knows what I mean. If you are thinking about filing even pro se. Do your homework and get it done! Time is not stopping while you think! I have my fresh start so can you!

I’ll be back .... going to do some credit work!!!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been reading post for months on here, and I have to say this is one of the most inspiring one's I have read, ever! Great Job! If i could know someone like you in real life I would be a better person. The way you took a no mercy approach to getting the knowledge to file for yourself and the way you addressed it and completed it, Outstanding. People could learn a lot from your story. Thank you for sharing. I will eagerly await updates. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really appreciate that KaZZey! Actually I do have updates lol I was approved for an auto loan 3 days after discharge. 17% interest 19k loan with $1000 down. 2016 Buick LaCrosse. 43k miles. I shopped around the whole waiting dischard period so I knew what I wanted and my price range. I opened a self lender deposit the day I see. The discharge on my pacer account that should kick in as well in a month. I also was approved for capital one secured card. Don’t plan on using it really just for coffee maybe keeping it below 9% usage for a few months. It’s a bit of a relief. I’m thankful... thank you for your feedback!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.