cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed a CFPB complaint for T-Mobile and Midland....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed a CFPB complaint for T-Mobile and Midland....

Mr.*******

, You state that you do not owe this debt because T-Mobile added excessive charges not authorized by you. On November 3 2013, Midland Credit mailed you a validation letter, which informed you that Midland Funding had acquired the account, and informed you of your rights pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1692 et seq. ("FDCPA"). Midland Credit's business records indicate that it did not receive any correspondence disputing the debt or requesting validation from you in response to the letter. Because Midland Credit did not receive such a notice at the time, Midland Credit appropriately proceeded with efforts to contact you and collect the debt. Midland Credit acted in a timely manner and has complied with all applicable laws. However, in keeping with its Consumer-First policy, Midland Credit made the business decision to close the account. There will be no further collection activity, credit reporting or sale of this account. In addition, the three credit-reporting agencies were notified to delete all reference to the account in question from your consumer credit files. Please note, a review of Midland Credit's business records indicates that a letter was sent to you on August 15, 2013 offering discounted payment options regarding the account. Please disregard the letter. The letter was in the process of being sent upon receipt of your complaint. You have no further obligation on the above-referenced account. Please see Midland Credit's comprehensive response letter, which is attached for additional information.

Chalk that one up or the good guys. Should I dispute with the CRAs to get this off quicker or just let it fall off. Just so everyone knows if you have had a T-Mobile account in the 2010-2012 range there is a good shot that they crammed excessive charges into the account. I filed a CFPB complaint stating this and the recent FTC ruling and they caved.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Filed a CFPB complaint for T-Mobile and Midland....

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

That is awesome!!  I may just follow your example and dispute through the CFPB!!  Midland "claims" to mail out letters but somehow they are never received!!

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear, congrats! I am still waiting for a response from Midland regarding a bogus collections account originating from T-Mobile from 2011. I filed complaints with CFPB, BBB, the California AG and my state's AG.

I can't wait to get this crap off my reports.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.