cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed a dispute and my score took a hit!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed a dispute and my score took a hit!!

So back in January my scores were about 30 points better than they are now.  The only thing I can tell happened is that I disputed some old charge offs that hadn't been reporting monthly - but as of the end of January they all had reported and come back verified.  

Is it possible that my dispute of these dormant charge offs caused my scores to take a hit by causing them to report to the CB's?  Also with some of these charge offs that have sold to another lender a GW letter might help get them deleted but has anyone had any experience using DV to ask sold CO's to verify or delete?  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Filed a dispute and my score took a hit!!

@Anonymous wrote:

So back in January my scores were about 30 points better than they are now.  The only thing I can tell happened is that I disputed some old charge offs that hadn't been reporting monthly - but as of the end of January they all had reported and come back verified.  

Is it possible that my dispute of these dormant charge offs caused my scores to take a hit by causing them to report to the CB's? Yup, the status date came current and dropped your score, looks brand new in the eyes of Fico, never dispute old COs that are not updating monthly already.  Also with some of these charge offs that have sold to another lender a GW letter might help get them deleted but has anyone had any experience using DV to ask sold CO's to verify or delete?  A DV is only valid for use with a CA doesnt work with the OC. Since you are disputing the way the COs are reporting and they have updated you might as well send them a Section 623 Direct Dispute to get correct info updated. If you were just trying to get these off your CRs due to age start calling TU 6 months prior to secheduled drop date and ask for early exclusion, 3 months with the other 2 CRAs.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It'll take another hit once the dispute comments are removed . You have to call each CRA and ask them to take the comment off .
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It'll take another hit once the dispute comments are removed . You have to call each CRA and ask them to take the comment off .

If they have already come back verified there is no dispute flag to remove.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.