Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing a Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filing a Dispute

I'm trying to file disputes about some information on my CR.
I was able to do it with TU however the other 2 bureaus said my information did not match their records and basically sent me on my way. What do I do?
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Filing a Dispute

Was it personal identifier information, and thus they could not assure that you are the named consumer?

Can you reproduce a copy of their specific statement?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

From EQ:

The information you provided does not match our records so we are unable to process your request online.
Please FAX your dispute and a copy of your driver's license to 888 826-0549.

I answered all questions accurately though. I don't have a fax machine. And I need to look at the report they provide during the dispute to give them what information to dispute.
Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then file your dispute via mail.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you do that?

Also this is the company apparently they no longer have collection authority!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/UPDATE-How-to-handle-Enhanced-Recovery-Compan...
Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You would mail the dispute to the CRA, and include proof of your identity along with your identification of what is inaccurate in their reporting, and any accompanying documentation that supports your assertion of inaccuracy.

See FCRA 611(a).

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got this message from EX:

We are unable to allow access to our online dispute service. We understand that the privacy and security of your information is important to you; therefore, we cannot provide a specific reason as to why we cannot allow access. Our registration process is designed to ensure that your credit information is released only to you. You must have a current copy of your personal credit report from Experian in order to dispute information. Please call 1 800 204 1410 to order your report through our automated service. The report will be delivered by U.S. Mail. Once you receive the report, follow the instructions to dispute information you believe is incorrect.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should call them and do their ID verification process. I had to do this and it removed the issue with whatever info wasn't matching when I tried.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they'll accept a dispute over the phone or what do I say when I call in?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.