Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing motions in court

tag
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Filing motions in court

So I have had a previous thread dealing with a case I feel is invalid due to improper service in the state of Illinois. There are varying degrees of opinions on if I will have success or not; but this question I am posing isn't really related to those opinions, this is merely technically speaking.

Has anyone here actually written their own motion to have a judgement vacated? Or I guess higher level, just writing a motion in general?

It is a little intimidating; The Circuit Clerk of Will County Illinois does have the needed forms online, I just don't know if doing this on my own causes risk, or I should hire an attorney.  I know I likely will have to hire an attorney anyway if it gets vacated, since they will likely resue, but the case against me feels a slam-dunk improper service and I want to work on negotiating the settlement without it on the pubic record.

Are there companies online that will draft these for you? Any suggestions.. Pretty green with legal stuff.

Thanks!

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filing motions in court

@rckstrscott wrote:

So I have had a previous thread dealing with a case I feel is invalid due to improper service in the state of Illinois. There are varying degrees of opinions on if I will have success or not; but this question I am posing isn't really related to those opinions, this is merely technically speaking.

Has anyone here actually written their own motion to have a judgement vacated? Or I guess higher level, just writing a motion in general?

It is a little intimidating; The Circuit Clerk of Will County Illinois does have the needed forms online, I just don't know if doing this on my own causes risk, or I should hire an attorney.  I know I likely will have to hire an attorney anyway if it gets vacated, since they will likely resue, but the case against me feels a slam-dunk improper service and I want to work on negotiating the settlement without it on the pubic record.

Are there companies online that will draft these for you? Any suggestions.. Pretty green with legal stuff.

Thanks!

Have you gotten the court records that detail how the service was supposedly done?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.