Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final question about vacating a judgment

tag
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Final question about vacating a judgment

Here in NC, it states I can vacate a paid judgment.

I found the found the Civil Action sheet to Vacate the judgment and filled it out.  What do I do now?  Do I take it to the courthouse and file it for a hearing?  Do I need to contact the OC's attorney first?

I am trying to do this on my own and not spend the money on an attorney of my own.  I also cannot take much time off work and the courthouse is 30 minutes away from me so I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I go to the courthouse.

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Final question about vacating a judgment

I am not sure.  What does the form say?  Is there a place for the plaintiff to ok it?

Message 2 of 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I contacted the OC attorney first to let them know that I would be filing the motion. They never responded. I had to go into court to file the motion, get a court date for it to be heard, and send copies of the motion/court date to the OC attorney. I went to court today, the attorney stood up, said my judgement was paid, and the judge said your motion has been granted, judgment is vacated, ma'am you are free to go!!

So, I didn't feel like waiting until 2pm to pick up the documentation, so I will go back on Monday or email a request for a copy to send to the CRAs. Good luck!!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Where do you go to find out if your state will vacate a judgement based on payment?  I live in S.D. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 4 of 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@traveler2005, I just sent you a PM with some info I googled....I suggest you take a ride over to the court (where the judgment was filed) and speak to the clerk of the court. Tell them exactly what you want to do, and they will give the correct forms and tell you how the process goes. It varies state to state.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.