Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally 700+ and still denied

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally 700+ and still denied

@Anonymous Discover doesnt necessarily pull TU. They pulled EQ for my husband and mom and EX for me.
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I apped in may they double pulled EX and EQ
Message 12 of 37
A1Credit
Established Contributor

When I applied and was denied a year ago, they pulled EQ.  I still have the inquiry Smiley Sad

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so reading the OP's initial post ask

What's REASONABLE...
given a short history...
18 HPs...
10 New accounts in the previous 60 days
Rebuilding for a TOTAL of 120 days ( about 3 reporting cycles)

1st I ask REASONABLE ppl to reread the scenario
Then THINK about MONEY and RISK based scoring and consider the question again???

Look, I get the "I want, I prefer" but if YOU had to vouch/gamble your family/company's MONEY would you answer to question with less emotion and more logic....

Point being let's be 'real'
Risk scoring is a guess at the RISK of said profile being able to juggle one more plate along with what he/she is currently juggling

10 new ones, you wanna be #11 before there's evidence of mastering 10...one billing cycle ain't gonna cut it, I'll tell ya that😱

A honest answer is at best 6-9 months if not longer truth be told but companies are out to make money so again smooth sailing for perhaps 6-8 solid months will get a money seeking company to dive in to what otherwise feels like another American financial mess in the making , in general nothing against the OP, but in general even if 2 more nice TLs were added in a few months 10-12-14 CCs again in general = financial mess but hey
We've been raised to feel 4-6 months changes everything....

Btw THE score is only a check point at the gate, in terms of many approvals, there another check point with the bouncer, another inside the club to enter VIP...the score gets the hype but the additional UW wins Championships 😎
Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gemini101

Touché... I totally get it. I wouldn't lend me money either based on my credit report. Was more less putting it out there for others, to not assume that scoring is the deciding factor!!!

Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1
@Chef
Like I say the score might get you in 'da club but not necessarily to VIP or the VVIP 😇
Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gemini101

That's cool though! I like clubs. I'll bring the food 🥓
Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

At my age, you keep the club... send me the food😁
Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover is your best bet. They pull TU. Barclays pulls TU for sure, but they're picky about things besides just your score. I keep hearing they don't like too many accounts. Sorry, I can't presently think of a Mastercard or Visa that pulls TU besides Barclays. Probably there are some lesser known ones.

But honestly, getting store cards is a bad idea. I hope people see this and realize before they do it. I think some people get impatient and get a lot of the store ones, because they can. In my rebuild, I only got one, and it turned out totally useless.

Just a note, Discover pulled my EQ according to MyFICO. I know some of the bigger issuers tend to use different reports in different states. Funnily enough, they denied me and never sent me a rejection letter yet they're still sending me pre-qualified offers in the mail.

Depending on what your Fico9 score for EQ is, it may be worth applying for a PenFed card. They only use EQ and they just moved to using Fico9 scores to determine approval. From reading around here, it looks like a Fico9 score of 660 on your EQ should just about guarantee an approval. I applied for it myself a couple days ago and they approved me instantly, guess Discover didn't want my business that bad even though they send me a pre-qual every month.

Do you bank with Chase by any chance? It may be worth trying for one of the Freedom cards even though your Experian and Equifax scores are low.

Otherwise, I'd sit for a bit on what you got for now and let those inquiries go bye-bye.

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pulls TU for CLIs generally but for initial approval they pull EQ
( Residential state may vary a bit but typically that's how they roll)

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.