Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally CapOne GW success....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally CapOne GW success....

I have an old Charge Off from Cap One but it's already paid.  I sent probably 4 letters since last year, called the backdoor line with no success - all Declined and that they can't remove all my lates.  I actually gave up but last week I sent another one (for no reason at all - I was just bored), did not get any response and when I checked my new reports today it was all deleted to 3 CB.  I've been back with Cap One now for a year and I always PIF so I'm not sure if that helped out.  One down and one more to go - BENEFICIAL/HSBC. 

I sent my letter to:

Capital One

P.O. Box 30281

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0281

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally CapOne GW success....

Congratulations on the GW victory!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 22
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:  Ok so I received the CapOne letter and that they will remove/delete my charge off account and forwarded the information to FOUR Credit Reporting Agencies.  Yes FOUR not Three ( EX, EQ and TU ).  The fourth one is Innovis.  Anybody know about this credit agency?  Cap One provided me their website www.innovis.com and I guess you can request for your credit report.

Message 4 of 22
John060675
Valued Contributor

Yes, they are basically the same as the big three (TU, EX, and EQ).  It definitely would be to your advantage to get a free report from them just to see if everything is good.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job man!  That's how you do it!  Persistence is the key.

Message 6 of 22
guydiver
Established Contributor

May I ask how old was the CO, and for how much?  I have sent several letters over the years, but they all get denied.  My Cap1 paid CO will age off sometime early next year, but is my only major derogatory.  Congrats on the removal, I don't think I have ever seen that on here before.  I'm not sure if I should give it another go or just sit tight and hope it falls off early.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just ordered a credit report from Innovis but they charged 8 bucks. So it's not free unless you don't have a job or suspect fraud.

Seems everyone should get it free the first time as you can at annualcreditreport.com with the others.  Great racket these agencies have, may be we should all start 

a CRA, I have some info on my friendsSmiley Happy.  Once again I'm in the wrong business.

Message 8 of 22
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

Good grief, do we really need ANOTHER credit report to monitor?

Congrats on your Cap1 removal!

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 22
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

question, when you are sending these letters, what sort of info are you providing I.E. account numbers , SSN?

Obviously they need to find your account info but in the world of Identity fraud run rampent, why give them too much.

Just curious because I need to send one

Thanks

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.