Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally - Clean report in 5 months

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Finally - Clean report in 5 months

Proud to say I have a clean file after 5 months of hard work getting 14 medical collections removed.  Also today my only $100 state tax lien rotated off.

All three scores in the 700s!!! Darn right!

Question:  I opted out of promotional reviews on three credit reports and wonder if now I should opt back in?  As you can see I really don't need anything else as I have been adding lots of trade lines even while getting my collections taken care of.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Finally - Clean report in 5 months

Congrats! Having a clean file is a great feeling isn't it? As far as opting in, I say go for it, you never know what might show up in the mailbox one day!
Message 2 of 8
luisnunez2
Established Member

Did you have to pay them to get them removed?
Message 3 of 8
luisnunez2
Established Member

Congrats that is a big accomplishment!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new here and I'm in the same boat. 11 medical collections accounts (2 surgeries to pretty much rebuild my leg)

Can you provide any insight as to how you did it? Pm would also work!
Message 5 of 8
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

No...  no pay for deletes.  No money transacted.  Most tof the collections listed were wrong and the original insurance paid what was deemed fair.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 6 of 8
joedtx
Valued Contributor

That is Fantastic......Congrats Barry!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any sample letters that you used to help you in this process?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.