Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Got Capital One Platinum PC to Quicksilver Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Got Capital One Platinum PC to Quicksilver Rewards

I'm partially happy today. Per suggestions I went to the chat and requested the PC of my capital one no fee platinum to quicksilver 1.5% rewards and it was granted no problem. I just could not combine this one with the my other quicksilver 1.5% rewards because I need to wait 2-3 for it to take effect. I also requested a cli through love button and got a 2-3 day message that said account is too new on both accounts, I am already on my 3rd statment and paid in full. I wonder how some people here have been able to do it in 2-3 statements. Oh Well, can't complain as with these two cards and the secure I have been able to increase my scores by 100+ points(from 510 to 620+)in less than a year just 11 months. I would say that is victory.

Should I combine them in a few days or just wait to they each get an increase through credit steps on their own?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Chezy1025
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally Got Capital One Platinum PC to Quicksilver Rewards

Congrats on your switch! I would continue to try for the CLI every few days until you get it, especially since you have had your 3rd statement! I also wouldn't combine until you receive your auto steps CLI; that way your combined account will be higher!

Last HP 03-24-2016 Gardening until I pre-qual for CSP or Venture

Starting Score: 485 06-20-14
Current Score: 685 04-03-16
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

We plan on waiting until after the credit steps to combine in order to have a higher limit card. After combining you have to wait 6 months for another CLi. Keppra trying for a CLI every few days, Cap1 is probably using an old report. They SP every so often
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks and I appreciate your suggestion. Makes sense and will do.

@Chezy1025 wrote:

Congrats on your switch! I would continue to try for the CLI every few days until you get it, especially since you have had your 3rd statement! I also wouldn't combine until you receive your auto steps CLI; that way your combined account will be higher!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
We plan on waiting until after the credit steps to combine in order to have a higher limit card. After combining you have to wait 6 months for another CLi. Keppra trying for a CLI every few days, Cap1 is probably using an old report. They SP every so often

I agree and my scores have changed in the last month too. but I believe their reports are based on feb 14 vs. March 2nd. I am satisfied with my progress thus far. Can't complain.

Message 5 of 9
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm partially happy today. Per suggestions I went to the chat and requested the PC of my capital one no fee platinum to quicksilver 1.5% rewards and it was granted no problem. I just could not combine this one with the my other quicksilver 1.5% rewards because I need to wait 2-3 for it to take effect. I also requested a cli through love button and got a 2-3 day message that said account is too new on both accounts, I am already on my 3rd statment and paid in full. I wonder how some people here have been able to do it in 2-3 statements. Oh Well, can't complain as with these two cards and the secure I have been able to increase my scores by 100+ points(from 510 to 620+)in less than a year just 11 months. I would say that is victory.

Should I combine them in a few days or just wait to they each get an increase through credit steps on their own?

Wait until you go through all the steps, get the CLI's then consider combining them. You want the CLI's from both cards to combine into one nice CL. My 3rd statement closes on the 17th & I'm going to hit the luv button, can't hurt to try Smiley Wink Either way as you said I'm still happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You will not be able to combine accounts until both are 6 months old. I would suggest waiting to combine until the one year mark to get an extra set of CLI's.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hijack the thread guys. I was wondering do you need to wait for the 3rd statement to show up in the mail or email before you request cap one CLI or wait until one makes the 3rd payment then hit the Luv button. Can someone clarify this for me
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You will not be able to combine accounts until both are 6 months old. I would suggest waiting to combine until the one year mark to get an extra set of CLI's.

thanks will do.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.