Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Have FICO Scores!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Have FICO Scores!

You are correct. SOL is 4 years. It would be nice if these fall off earlier than 7.5 years. I read Experian will sometimes do EE a 2-3 months early, but not 6 months.
Message 11 of 27
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

The 7 year exclusion is basically a CYA thing to be sure that it doesn't stay on past 7.5 years, which can be the cause of fines/lawsuits against st the CRA's. EE's would be before the 7 years, assuming of course that the CRA's grant it.
Message 12 of 27
WayUpto850
New Contributor

ITA with rmduhon:  SOL is 4 years - so creditor or collection agencies cannot sue you after that date has past. And after 7 years, the debt will automatically fall off your credit report. So if you call the Credit Bureau 2-3 months before the date the debt will automatically fall off report and request an "Early Exclusion",  Credit Bureau staff may remove the debt early. Some posters have stated if the staff will not do it, ask for a supervisor.

Best wishes!

"I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life."

Beginning Apr 2017 FICO 575
Feb 2018 FICO 701
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. EE's will go out in December for the Date of service 2/25/11. Should auto drop feb 2018. :-) yay!
Message 14 of 27
WayUpto850
New Contributor

Smiley Happy

"I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life."

Beginning Apr 2017 FICO 575
Feb 2018 FICO 701
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chantel how long did it take for your scores to show?

I have no score right now ,so I'm wondering the time frame. You think the au helped it show faster?

How long was your rebuild total?
Thanks for your time
Congrats
Message 16 of 27
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It takes 6 months of history to get a score. Being added as an AU on a card (that reports AU's, not all do) that is older than 6 months will get you a score what the card reports again.
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is what I did to get a score.  I had no current open accounts, and a few closed derogatory accounts.  Got added as an AU and 2 weeks later, I have a score!  :-)  Now I am working to build my own credit, as this feels like cheating a bit, although it is within the rules.  Cleaning up the derogatories, and got approved for a QS1.  Looking at getting a Discover It or Chase Freedom next, but I don't know if I have enough in my file for a Chase Freedom approval.  So I am holding off.  Next month my QS1 will show up on my account, as well as my self lender account.  I wonder how long I should wait for those to report before applying for Discover, or Chase?

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lime281 - I was added April 12.  Statement closed April 20th, and it was reported on all 3 cra's by the 23rd.  Super quick!  :-)  It was a Cap1 platinum.

My rebuild is just starting.  I had no FICO the beginning of April.  Now I do.  648 Experian is my lowest.  742 with TU is my highest.  EQ is 651.  EQ & EX both show derogatories.   That is why the low score.  I was approved for a Credit Builder Cap1 card before being added as an AU.  CL is only 300.  :-(  I also opened a self lender savings program, so I have an installment loan on my account.  

Taking lots of baby steps here, but the AU was definitely the biggest help! 

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow you got amazing results and that was smart what you did. Gives me hope!
Your rebuild actually looks great.

The Au Thing with me is about timing, idk what's better what till you have a score and then use it to boost it? Or us a Au to generate a score?
Hmmm not sure
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.