Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Have FICO Scores!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Have FICO Scores!

They are all over the place, but at least I have an idea where I truly stand.  My FAKO's say 769 for TU & EQ.  I haven't gotten an update on my Vantage 3 from Experian yet, but it doesn't matter.  I ordered CCT this morning to see if I had a real FICO and I do!  EX 648  TU 742  EQ 651.

Neg. Factors From Experian only since it has the worst score:

1.  the AU account balance is at 46% right now which will be transfered this week. 

2.  Experian says I have no revolving accounts, but it is showing the 10.6 years from the AU account.  This confuses me.

3.  Experian shows 2 tax liens,  2012 one is released.  I will get papers from the county today and send to EX.  The other will be paid off next month.

4.  2 collections from 2011.  I don't have enough $ to pay for both.  One is $600, the other $4000.  They are both sold to CA.  I might be able to pay the lesser one, but I may just let the sleeping dog lie.  I don't want to reset the clock. 

5. Experian says I have no non mortgage loan.  I did a self lender loan this week.  Should report end of May.

Other info:  I have the AU account with limit of 11,200.  as I mentioned it will have a >$200 balance next week.

I was approved for a credit builder cap1 April 3.  Mailed the 6th.  Called as it hasn't arrived yet.  They told me to call back on Wed if it doesn't arrive by then. 

As I said 1 lien is released I will dispute the status on Experian.  TU deleted both liens, EQ shows released but 12/31/0000 for the date.  What's up with that?

Self lender will show up end of next month.

Currently planning on letting c/o's run out, but do you think a pfd would be a reasonable request?  I don't want to reset the clock.  So it scares me.  I can ask for EE in August.

I really want the Discover card.  It is so hard holding off and not applying.  I want a good rate, so I think I will wait to apply til next month when my AU balance goes down, and my self lender shows up.

Any other suggestions/feed back?

At least now I have a full picture of my credit.  Had no FICO 2 weeks ago.  So things are looking up.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally Have FICO Scores!

What are the DoFDs for the collections? You say that they are from 2011. If that's when the DoFD is then they can stay until next year (7 years from DoFD). The credit reporting time period can not be reset, it is based upon the DoFD. However, the SOL can be reset in certain situations.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

2/25/11 was date of service. These are medical collections. They are so old, I am thinking they have minimal impact on my score.

Thank you for clarifying the SOL. Here in Calif, the SOL is 4 years. Not sure if/how it cam be reset.
Message 3 of 27
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I don't know anything about California laws so I can't help with that part.
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully someone will be able to answer this, as I do not know our laws either.

BUT, I just got GREAT news!!!  I over paid on my tax liens!  They are both released as of this month, and I can now cancel the $300 payment I was going to make in May and should get my last $200 payment back!!!  YAHOO!  Getting copies of the releases so I can forward to the CRA's!  Sadly, they won't fall off any time soon.  One was filed in 2009, the other in 2012.  But at least they will be marked as released.  It is an improvement!

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and better yet, the state just sent me a refund because apparently I over paid my lien.  :-)  Happy Day. 

Message 6 of 27
WayUpto850
New Contributor

I recently heard that Credit Agencies are being discouraged from placing medical bills on Credit Reports - more time is allowed before a medical bill debt can be placed on your credit file and once you pay it, the debt is immediately removed from your credit file.  Below are some links to information:

2017 Changes to Medical Bill Reporting:

https://www.supermoney.com/2017/02/medical-bills-credit-report/

2016 changes to Medical Bill reporting:

https://www.clearpoint.org/blog/how-credit-reporting-for-unpaid-medical-bills-is-changing/

Best Wishes!

"I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life."

Beginning Apr 2017 FICO 575
Feb 2018 FICO 701
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great news, so I don't even have to request a pay for delete!  Yay!  Thank you!!!

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still weighing the options on my medical collections.  Both are from same CA, date of service 2/25/11 - not eligible for care credit as I waited too long.

#1 hospital original amount $2577  CA is now reporting amount due as $4011.00

#2 imaging original amount of $383.00  CA reporting amount due as $613.00

PIF is not an option.  I make minimum wage and have 5 kids to support. 

A settlement is not favorable, as they may not delete debt.

PFD settlement is an option, but I would have to make payments, and depending on how much the settlement is for, option 3 may be faster.   

The 3rd option is to just let time continue to run.  I am nearing the 7.5 years.  August 2018. 

both collections are only appearing on Experian right now.  I want them off this report, but honestly my middle report is Equifax and it is only 3 points higher.  So in reality these two collections are only dinging me 3 pts.  I don't think it is worth the effort and expense to set up a settlement. 

Experian has 2 public records + these two collections  I am in process of sending copies of the lien releases to Experian. FICO 648

Equifax has 2 public records.  1 is marked released.  I am sending the release for the other  FICO 651

TU No collections, no PR.  Clean but thin file.  FICO 742

Please let me know if I am missing something as I don't quite grasp all of this yet and am weighing the options here.

Thanks for your help.

Message 9 of 27
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

While it's not guaranteed, the CRA's routinely exclude derogatory accounts at 7 years instead of 7.5 (although they can stay the entire 7.5 years). So chances are they'll fall of next February and you could possibly get an EE on them 2-3 months before that. What is the SOL for your state? If I'm not mistaken, you said 4 years? If so, you don't have to worry about being sued for them.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.