Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Here: Thank you so much

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Here: Thank you so much

To preface: I grew up without being taught the importance of credit.  If you didn't have the money to buy something, you didn't.  I've always paid cash for everything.  Once I did some homework on credit, and what it takes to buy a house, I knew I had to get my credit in order.

My credit was abysmal.  I started off on CreditKarma with a 450 score.

Eight months ago, I immediately went to town.  I did research.  I read through these forums like crazy.  I googled about credit repair.  I started my rebuilding journey.  I had a lot of negative information on my report.  Some of it my own doing, most from fraud. 

I obtained a secured card (500 limit, which has increased to 800) through capital one.  I maxed that baby out every month, and paid it off in full every month. 

The process to start was absolutely defeating.  It was exhausting.  I gave up for a month.  PFD/GW letter after letter, fraud affidavits, etc.  It was nothing but an uphill battle.  Roadblocks at every turn.  I became reletless.  My first negative came off, and it empowered me.  I refused to give up.  Some agencies probably gave me PFD's simply to shut me up.  It worked. 

Here I am today, and I've completed my journey.  I no longer have any negative information on any of my credit reports.  The final negative through a PFD came off, and I nabbed my Fico8 scores.

My scores, as of today are:

• Experian: 768
  • Transunion: 750
  • Equifax: 748

I broke down.  Literally.  Tears. 

This is more a message for anyone who's starting out.  It's overwhelming.  Don't let it get to you.  Be relentless.  You'll eventually find someone willing to help you almost anywhere.  Drop those form letters.  Almost all of my success was just being as straight up honest and sincere with my own letter writing.

Most of all, thank you for the wealth of information.  And that teaching me that being relentless pays off.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Here: Thank you so much

Congratulations!  Thank you for this post.  Today was a day where I told myself I am DONE!  The agony of credit rebuilding has gotten the best of me, but now that I seen your post, I am inspired to continue on with my journey.  May I ask when did you start rebuilding?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

8-9 months to get from start to finish.  Took a month off or so in between from being discouraged.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied, and was instantly approved for the two cards I wanted. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred: Instant Approval: $15000 credit limit

Chase Freedom: Instant Approval: $13000 credit limit

I think I just passed out.

Goodbye, secured credit card!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was raised the same way and took me almost two years to get one baddy off my report, becuase of my own ignorance about credit.  Now I have a good score and will always check it and pity the fool who tries any fruad or monkey business with my good name.  I didn't check my report until bill collectors were calling my place of business multiple times a week and I was getting paged on the public address system about it.  (not such a good look at the job).  Good job on cleaning it up, I know it's hard to do.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is amazing!  I will be trailing behind you shortly...whoo whoo

Message 6 of 9
driftless
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Nice story, thank you of sharing it. I hope it will inspire others.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 7 of 9
Kikimin
New Contributor

Congrats! Thank you for posting this.  It definately gives other rebuilders motivation. 

My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm officially in the garden.  3 cards now, secured, the CSP and the freedom.  I think the only thing that I would change at this point, is that I would have chosen a different card that graduates to unsecured.  Capital One doesn't graduate to unsecured as far as I can tell, even if you call and beg.  It's only 8 months old, but it's my now oldest card and I don't want to change it. 

Would be nice to get my $500 deposit back from them, but it's locked in forever.  Or at least for a few years. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.