Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally, Reaged account off all three credit reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, Reaged account off all three credit reports

Just got a letter from Experin with a new credit report showing that my dispute of a reaged account has been removed, so I checked with Transunion and Equifax and it has been removed. 

That reaged account cost me a regejection of a loan and denied on a CC app, so I went on CK to see who the creditor pulled and noticed CK is reporting a 10 point drop for TU, and 5 point for EQ, only credit change in the last 3 weeks so that is odd, waiting for MyFico to update on 2/4 to see what that says.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Finally, Reaged account off all three credit reports

How was the account "reaged"?

Was it an account with a creditor, or a collection? 

If an OC account, what derogs were reported?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

How was the account "reaged"? The Account was supposed to have been removed in April 2015, the creditor reaged it in Novemeber changing the DOFD to November 2015. Luckily I have proof in older credit reports showing it was reaged.

Was it an account with a creditor, or a collection? This was with a OC

If an OC account, what derogs were reported? The OC was Child support services just for the record, the derogs was they were reporting me 120/180 days late from day one regardless that I made my required payment on time. Even after the reage they started off in November 180 days late, rather than dispute that I make my payments on time I thought it was better to dispute the reage to get it off my credit report.

Also here is a link to the thread I posted about this whole mess, Question about Child Support Account transfer from one state to another and Reaging?

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DOFD is not required to be reported, and has not relevancy to credit reporing, unless the adverse item under consideration is a charge-off or collection.

There is no re-aging of the exclusion date of a monthly delinquency based on a reported DOFD.

Each montly delinquency has its own, individual exclusion date of no later than 7 years from its individual date of occurance, not upon any DOFD.

If you challenge the accuracy of a monthly delinquency, that would require a dispute of the accuracy of when it actually occured.

What did the CRA provide as basis for the deletion?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

The DOFD is not required to be reported, and has not relevancy to credit reporing, unless the adverse item under consideration is a charge-off or collection.

There is no re-aging of the exclusion date of a monthly delinquency based on a reported DOFD.

Each montly delinquency has its own, individual exclusion date of no later than 7 years from its individual date of occurance, not upon any DOFD.

If you challenge the accuracy of a monthly delinquency, that would require a dispute of the accuracy of when it actually occured.

What did the CRA provide as basis for the deletion? The letter I just recieved only says please contact the creditor, and the new report they sent with it the account has been removed. No other explanation was provided. I tried going online to view the dispute but it says I have already viewed the report my limit.

I can not locate my dispute with TU, but the account is gone there as well, EQ I could not file a dispute with online for some reason and my busy schedule just had not had time to write one out, but CK updated this morning and it is showing removed removed April 2015, which is when it should have came off.

Sorry forgot that it was marked "in collections" 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

What did the CRA provide as basis for the deletion? The letter I just recieved only says please contact the creditor, and the new report they sent with it the account has been removed. No other explanation was provided. I tried going online to view the dispute but it says I have already viewed the report my limit.

I can not locate my dispute with TU, but the account is gone there as well, EQ I could not file a dispute with online for some reason and my busy schedule just had not had time to write one out, but CK updated this morning and it is showing removed removed April 2015, which is when it should have came off.

Sorry forgot that it was marked "in collections" 

I believe that Child support related delinquencies are not factored into FICO scoring.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe that Child support related delinquencies are not factored into FICO scoring.

Thank you for the reply Norman, I can not speak for others but it has been affecting my FICO and because they have been reporting it as delinquent when in fact it is paid as agreed has greatly caused me trouble getting new credit. Now that it has been removed I just recieved a notice my TU went up 19 points.

Time to garden now and let some apps drop off.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.