Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Rid of Midland

tag
Jamgal40
Contributor

Finally Rid of Midland

A few months ago I received a payment offer from Midland.  I immediately planned to pay them but decided to see how far I could get before I made any payment. I combed through my credit reports and realized that on the Equifax file they were showing as the "original creditor".  I then filed a complaint with the CFPB against Midland and of course they fired back in protest and requested 60 additional days for "investigation" and also requested that the CRAs temporarily remove the account during the "investigation". When their "investigation" concluded,  they stated that they will not request that the CRAs reinsert the acount but I still owed the debt. I was satisfied with this so I immedately called Midland and asked for a payment offer (30%-they wouldn't go any higher), got it in writing, and paid it immediately. Midland was not set to be removed from my reports until 2018. I'm a happy camper Smiley Happy

Fico 8 Feb 29 '16: EQ 606| TU 586| EX 617 Currently: EQ 656 | TU 652| EX 686
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally Rid of Midland

Woo Hoo.  Good job.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice

Message 3 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Well done!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamgal40 wrote:

A few months ago I received a payment offer from Midland.  I immediately planned to pay them but decided to see how far I could get before I made any payment. I combed through my credit reports and realized that on the Equifax file they were showing as the "original creditor".  I then filed a complaint with the CFPB against Midland and of course they fired back in protest and requested 60 additional days for "investigation" and also requested that the CRAs temporarily remove the account during the "investigation". When their "investigation" concluded,  they stated that they will not request that the CRAs reinsert the acount. I was satisfied with this so I immedately called Midland and asked for a payment offer (30%-they wouldn't go any higher), got it in writing, and paid it immediately. Midland was not set to be removed from my reports until 2018. I'm a happy camper Smiley Happy

I had this same issue and mine was denied. Currently still working on it bevause with them as the OC it shows a DOFD in 2014 ( why my EQ is so much lower) it wont fall off until 2021 which is 3 years later than the actual orginial creditor....yes i went through the CFPB but midland claimed my CR didnt upload to them, and a bunch of other excuses. Im taking that letter to a lawyer next week..

Message 5 of 9
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!! That is wonderful! Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 6 of 9
Jamgal40
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jamgal40 wrote:

A few months ago I received a payment offer from Midland.  I immediately planned to pay them but decided to see how far I could get before I made any payment. I combed through my credit reports and realized that on the Equifax file they were showing as the "original creditor".  I then filed a complaint with the CFPB against Midland and of course they fired back in protest and requested 60 additional days for "investigation" and also requested that the CRAs temporarily remove the account during the "investigation". When their "investigation" concluded,  they stated that they will not request that the CRAs reinsert the acount. I was satisfied with this so I immedately called Midland and asked for a payment offer (30%-they wouldn't go any higher), got it in writing, and paid it immediately. Midland was not set to be removed from my reports until 2018. I'm a happy camper Smiley Happy

I had this same issue and mine was denied. Currently still working on it bevause with them as the OC it shows a DOFD in 2014 ( why my EQ is so much lower) it wont fall off until 2021 which is 3 years later than the actual orginial creditor....yes i went through the CFPB but midland claimed my CR didnt upload to them, and a bunch of other excuses. Im taking that letter to a lawyer next week..

Sorry to hear that. I had requested that Midland forward all account level docs that was signed by me regarding them as the original creditor in my complaint and of course they don't have that so they sent an itemized list of purchases made. Best of luck to you and hoping you get this resolved in your favor.

Fico 8 Feb 29 '16: EQ 606| TU 586| EX 617 Currently: EQ 656 | TU 652| EX 686
Message 7 of 9
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Jamgal40 wrote:

A few months ago I received a payment offer from Midland.  I immediately planned to pay them but decided to see how far I could get before I made any payment. I combed through my credit reports and realized that on the Equifax file they were showing as the "original creditor".  I then filed a complaint with the CFPB against Midland and of course they fired back in protest and requested 60 additional days for "investigation" and also requested that the CRAs temporarily remove the account during the "investigation". When their "investigation" concluded,  they stated that they will not request that the CRAs reinsert the acount but I still owed the debt. I was satisfied with this so I immedately called Midland and asked for a payment offer (30%-they wouldn't go any higher), got it in writing, and paid it immediately. Midland was not set to be removed from my reports until 2018. I'm a happy camper Smiley Happy

Congrats.  They have been reporting like that forever, along with PRA.  More folks should pay attention.

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 9
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Jamgal40 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jamgal40 wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I had requested that Midland forward all account level docs that was signed by me regarding them as the original creditor in my complaint and of course they don't have that so they sent an itemized list of purchases made. Best of luck to you and hoping you get this resolved in your favor.

I asked the same against PRA, I also won (because they could not prove actual amount owed, I did have some legal bearing, the amount sent to them was illegal, so together, I was definitely not paying.  Learned from here the OC was wrong).

Signature needs updating
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.