Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally a feeling of relief over BK comment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally a feeling of relief over BK comment

I have been trying to get a bankruptcy comment off my TU credit report.  Amex was reporting an account as being included in a BK however we have never filed BK.  We are in the process of buying a house and of course I have to have this off of my CBR.  I kept getting the run arround and finally the credit bureau department with Amex referred me to Becket & Lee law offices who handles their bankruptcy accounts. I contacted Becket & Lee vai phone call Monday and was told that it was likely coded wrong and that they would get back to me.  I called (impatient) Weds and the lady said they were still looking into it and that she would call me.  This morning (even more impatient) I emailed two of the lawyers at the firm explaining the information was reporting incorrectly and preventing me from buying a home.  I got a call about 1 hour later stating resolved and that correct info was sent to AMEX today.  Ten minutes later I got an email from another lawyer at the law firm stating that it was resolved and that they themsleves called AMEX and verified that they changed the status of the account 02/08/12. 

I just wanted to post the details incase someone else has to deal with the same issue involving AMEX and Becket & Lee.  Once I sent the emails to the lawyers they definitely made sure to handle things quickly : )

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.