Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally - a real HIPAA validation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally - a real HIPAA validation

Hi all,

I finally got a real bill from the hospital where my daughter was treated. Two things - 1) legally my ex is responsible for this bill. Does anyone know if copies of our legal papers will transfer this account to him? 2) Will it be faster to follow the HIPAA process and pay them, or argue over who is responsible for the bill? I could actually dispute it as not mine.

Advice?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally - a real HIPAA validation

Oh right... one other thing... it took them 60 days to validate. Does it matter?
Message 2 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

So, the CA furnished this bill?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, the OC sent it to me.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

And I can't find the Health Care Billing Charts so I can look up the costs.... have they changed?
Message 5 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Isn't there a CA reporting this account? Why do you need access to healthcare billing charts? 
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there's a CA reporting it. It is unpaid, within SOL.

Sent PreHIPAA August 28 - GC says received Sept 3

It was verified by TU Oct 1, EQ Oct 22. EX deleted by Oct 18. (EX seemed to think they had 45 days, EQ I sent later than TU.)

Nobody ever validated - never heard from CA or OC.

Sent Scenario #2 MEDICAL DV LETTER TO THE CA Oct 9.

When I got the GC back, I sent

FOLLOW-UP DISPUTE LETTER (2) TO THE CRA'S to TU on Oct 13.

EQ verified by Oct 22 and I sent their Follow-up Dispute Letter Oct 23.

Today, I got an old bill from the hospital that shows the patient, the date, the procedures, and the total - a xerox of the old bill, but with the wrong total written off to bad debt. ($1778.30) The listed debt for the CA and on the CRAs is $1678. Handwritten on the Xerox copy is "$1678.30."

I'm looking up the health care billing charts because I don't know if I will want to pay it. It is legally my ex's responsibility, but it's on my CR.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump...
Message 8 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

So, has the CA ever sent you anything? Did you attach a copy of the MED DV letter and GC for it when you sent your follow-up dispute letters to the CRA's?
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did send those things.

No, the CA never sent me anything at all.

I'm assuming though that if the OC has the bill, they can have the CA send it. I don't know who owns the balance. The bill says "Written off to bad debt."

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.