Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally back in the 700s

tag
Anne1208
Regular Contributor

Finally back in the 700s

So today I got a FICO alert that I had a change on my credit report - my EQ was 732, EX 714, and TU 699...the change was one point up in TU to 700 because of change in credit balance. WHOOP! It's a small increase but I haven't had all my scores in the 700s across the board since like, 2011...heck it may have been even longer ago than that...

I luckily never had any derogatory accounts or late payments. I have high student loan balance which lowers it a small amount...mostly I have $18k in credit cards in 2013 (all utilization at or around 100% for a long time)...I've been paying everything down every month a little at a time and i am down to $10,000.  This is all because of the debt management plan I've been on since August 2013 (NOT debt settlement - DMP is not a bad thing and you pay everything as agreed, only the DMP company negotiates much lower rates than youd be able to get on your own, and youre not allowed to use your cards anymore. I had interest rates between 20 and 35% and the card companies wouldn't budge, so paying them down was unmanageable. I believe the DMP company got all four of my cards interest rates down to 6-7 ish percent, which made paying everything down in a reaosnable time possible. Greatest thing I have ever done for my credit. 

Every few months it goes up a little as the utilization % of the cards decreases!! I'm set to pay my cards off in 2.5 years. Between that and the things in my husband's situation, the credit/money nightmares of the recession will be all but gone from our lives by 2018. I CANT WAIT! 

Starting Score: January 2014 Experian: 713 Equifax: 668 Transunion: 691
December 2015 Score: Experian: 766 Equifax: 751 Transunion: 759
October 2018 Score: Transunion:735

Goal Score: 800’s across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally back in the 700s

W2G! It takes discipline to work your way out of a hole. That's worth celebrating.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.